Off topic - move it if needed - iOS 7

foodonastumpSeptember 22, 2013

The other day I followed the prompt on my iPhone to "upgrade" to 7.0. Unfortunately I accepted, without first reading numerous online warnings not to do so yet. My main complaints are with Safari, specific to GW is that many pictures no longer load without refreshing the page multiple times. Even that doesn't always work. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? Probably something GW needs to work through but either way, this is a PSA to advise against upgrading without doing research. It's virtually impossible to turn back.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jstell2008

I upgraded my iPad to iOS 7 and I am not having any problems. In fact, I think things are loading more quickly than before. Maybe you should try reloading your iOS 7 or go to the support forums on Apple to see if anyone has a solution.

Bookmark   September 22, 2013 at 11:55PM
luvmygucci8

iOS 7 is a nightmare. Wish I could go back too. :(

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 1:00AM
compumom

FOAS-I'm not sure that I like the new OS, but GW photos are loading fine on my iPhone.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 2:35AM
rococogurl

I updated my mini. I don't see it as an improvement at all. It feels like change for change sake -- something to make the stockholders happy. No common sense applied.

I spent two hours with the online cheat sheets undoing "improvements." It's harder to read. I hate the ugly blue background and it forced me to take a photo of my table and use that temporarily because they deleted the other choices. Some of the icons are weird looking. It's slow and not all the apps are fully compatible.

I'm waiting to update the other device until I'm forced to because that's the one I use every day. Perhaps there is something this new OS does better than the old one. I just haven't found it.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 8:14AM
MizLizzie

After doing the Snow Leopard upgrade on my Mac, I learned never to accept another Apple upgrade, not even on my phone. I am still running software 2 generations old on an antique iPhone. When they tried to take my Google maps, I just stopped updating. My phone battery is dying, tho, and I will soon be faced with a hard decision.

In general, it seems to me upgrades benefit the company more than the client. Most of my technological heartbreak has come from software updates, and not just Apple.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 9:32AM
More Discussions
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™