Question on Full Height Granite backsplash

Crystal6145September 16, 2012

Well the new cherry cabinets are in (nutmeg with chocolate glaze) - traditional style with crown moulding full overlay (on the fancy furniture look side). The floor is a 20 inch ceramic cloudy mixture of beiges/creams leaning toward the gold side. The countertop is going to be New Venetian Gold granite with ogee edge. I am considering doing the full backsplash also out of this granite (about 20 inches high). Do you think the venetian gold granite would look too busy or would it look less busy since it matches the countertop? I have seen all granite looks that I like, but more of a flowing granite than the speckled pattern of venetian gold. Thanks for any advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Poohpup

I wouldn't worry about it being too busy since it is just a continuation of your counter. It really is just a matter of personal preference. A full height granite BS is certainly going to be easy to maintain and much easier than tile. My granite is very busy and one of the first things I thought after the counters went in was how gorgeous it would look if I used it at the BS too. Ended up using tile but, again, personal preference.

I found several photos on houzz that might help you decide. I think the first one has Venetian Gold.

Traditional Kitchen design by Minneapolis Kitchen And Bath CliqStudios

Contemporary Kitchen design by San Francisco Architect Mark English Architects, AIA

Traditional Kitchen design by Chicago Kitchen And Bath The Kitchen Studio of Glen Ellyn

Asian Kitchen design by Other Metros Design-build Grayling Construction

Traditional Kitchen design by Los Angeles Design-build HartmanBaldwin Design/Build

Traditional Kitchen design by Philadelphia Interior Designer Deborah Leamann

Traditional Kitchen design by Minneapolis General Contractor John Kraemer & Sons

Traditional Kitchen design by Other Metros Interior Designer In Detail Interiors

Mediterranean Kitchen design by Vancouver Interior Designer House of Dane Haunnah

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 11:40PM
Crystal6145

Thanks for the pictures - they were really helpful - the first pic has all the same colors of my cabinets, granite and appliances with the exception of the wood floor so I am thinking that my lighter floor will lighten things up and coordinate with the granite nicely. Still like some of the other granite types as backsplashes better, but the venetian gold coordinates very well with my flooring and has the cherry colored drops in it to match the cabinets. The fabricator is willing to ogee all the exposed edges and soften the ends with a flowing curve rather than a heavy straight 90 degree edge.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 11:51PM
sprtphntc

we did a full granite backsplash and love it.
my preference is doing a more flowing granite than speckly one. i think its easier on the eyes.
but as poohpup said, its a personal choice.

if you email me, i can send u a pic. i have trouble uploading photos on here.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 9:18AM
More Discussions
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
What to put above kitchen window
I would like some help in finding a unique piece of...
zorroslw1
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™