Dupont or other brands 15 year warranty sealers ?

SarinaSeptember 3, 2013

How many of you here got the 15 year sealers that you had to pay extra for that are suppose to make a granite stain proof or they will replace the stone? How safe do you think this sealer is or any sealer for that matter ? If a sealer protects the granite it has to be on top as well as down in the stone? Does anyone here worry about the sealer as it wears off gradually getting in to the food you cook?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RoRo67

All sealers are only as good as in how you care for the stone. If you leave acidic products on it, it will deteriorate. You will see this by a hazing of the sheen. Somewhere in the small print, this is on each product can. Many stones are sealed at the quarry, then again upon installation. But you must remember, no sealant, like car wax is for 15 years no matter what they say. The company I used to work for sold a 15 year sealer, but it was on there that it must comply with the manufactures specs. It is a loophole.
Take care of your stone by wiping spills shortly after they happen, use a cutting board (for the sharpness of your cutlery as well), and re-seal (wax on, wax off) at least twice yearly. It doesn't take much time, but well worth saving your investment.

Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 3:32PM
More Discussions
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
raee - any tips for cabinet maker you recommended?
Sorry, I still seem to be unable to figure out how...
oasisowner
Found a granite Pergaminho, is this the same as Delicatus or Alaskan ?
I've been searching for a durable island countertop...
happyallison
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™