Dupont or other brands 15 year warranty sealers ?

SarinaSeptember 3, 2013

How many of you here got the 15 year sealers that you had to pay extra for that are suppose to make a granite stain proof or they will replace the stone? How safe do you think this sealer is or any sealer for that matter ? If a sealer protects the granite it has to be on top as well as down in the stone? Does anyone here worry about the sealer as it wears off gradually getting in to the food you cook?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RoRo67

All sealers are only as good as in how you care for the stone. If you leave acidic products on it, it will deteriorate. You will see this by a hazing of the sheen. Somewhere in the small print, this is on each product can. Many stones are sealed at the quarry, then again upon installation. But you must remember, no sealant, like car wax is for 15 years no matter what they say. The company I used to work for sold a 15 year sealer, but it was on there that it must comply with the manufactures specs. It is a loophole.
Take care of your stone by wiping spills shortly after they happen, use a cutting board (for the sharpness of your cutlery as well), and re-seal (wax on, wax off) at least twice yearly. It doesn't take much time, but well worth saving your investment.

Bookmark   September 4, 2013 at 3:32PM
More Discussions
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
Faux marble countertops II
Here's the link to original post, but it's kind of...
lavender_lass
Quartz or Dekton/Neolith?
I know all about the wonders of quartz countertops...
nadianyc
Carrara all the way!
It's my first post here, and I have to thank you all...
somersetlass
Sponsored Products
Stanley Coastal Living Resort Tranquility Isle Telephone Table Sea Oat 062-63-81
$699.98 | Hayneedle
Maritz Double-Tiered Outdoor Side Table - Black, 18" Round, Patio Furniture
$549.00 | FRONTGATE
Amazonia Albany 9-piece Square Dining Set
Overstock.com
Stanley Coastal Living Resort Tranquility Isle Night Stand Channel Marker 062-13
$699.98 | Hayneedle
European Farmhouse Maisonette 3 Drawer Nightstand - STAN2976
$799.00 | Hayneedle
Caribbean Sea Rectangular Outdoor Coffee Table - Black, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Century Outdoor Living 2-door Kitchen Wall Bridge Cabinet
Overstock.com
Belize Oval Outdoor Coffee Table - Black, 42" x 24" Oval, Patio Furniture
$995.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™