Help! Renting apt with horrible kitchen!

dingodemayoSeptember 8, 2013

Hello,

New here and would love help...I moved into an apartment and am going through a break up, I want to redo the apartment as much as I can within my lease for a nice change. The kitchen is horrible, see pic. Was wondering if anyone had ideas for a better wall color and or any ideas for improvements! Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marvelousmarvin

I doubt that the lease will give any leeway to making any changes to the kitchen; even painting the walls are probably forbidden in the lease.

If you want to do anything, you'll probably need to talk to the landlord first to get permission before you can do anything.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 12:22AM
lazy_gardens

Definitely talk to the landlord before you do anything. Some would be OK with painting, others would hit you with a big damage charge.

Part of the problem is the clutter ... can you bring in a storage piece for under the window to replace that table? Something with drawers or shelves and a work surface.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 10:45AM
bpathome

You're so lucky to have an apartment kitchen with a sunny window! Definitely a place to grow some herbs or enjoy your morning coffee.

Suggest to the landlord that you'll gladly provide paint and labor if he could do something about the ceiling.

It's so uplifting to you right now, to see pictures of those you love. Do you have a large frame you can make them more comfortable in, than on the refrigerator door?

I hope the extension cord lurking in the doorway is there for move-in work only, and that it isn't going to try to trip you some morning.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 11:02AM
More Discussions
Please help me find an eco-friendly black-and-white floor!?
After more years than I care to admit, we are finally...
dawdlinmama
Stacked uppers?
Is it worth doing stacked uppers? I love the look but...
tigger9759
Anyone have solid walnut slab cabinets?
Howdy! We're trying to decide if we want to do walnut...
Fori is not pleased
Removing a load-bearing wall... $10,000!
Omigod. We just got a quote for removing the load-bearing...
ideagirl2
A different way to deal with the blind corner issue
I think this would require a very specific place to...
raenjapan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™