Choosing kitchen cabinets

Scooper1959September 23, 2012

I'm new to this forum. Joined as it's great how much information I've seen. I'm getting estimates from two companies that sell cabinets. One place deals with Kraftmaid, Dynasty (already have them and they ended up being horrible,) and Medillion. I'm going to a 2nd company and they sell Koch, Wolf, and Kabinart. I think Kabinart works w/Sherwin Williams and you can get any color - or at least thats what I was told. Any information or insight from anyone that has bought cabinets is helpful. I already know what color I"m doing - upper cabinets will be sage (shaker style,) and bottom cabinets and island will be black/onyx. Thanks for ANY HELP!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ae2ga

If you're interested in a DIY cab, I can highly recommend Barker Cabinets. I have to do roof before kitchen, but I purchase a sample cabinets to check out the quality and ease of assembly - I think Barker is absolutely a DIY, reasonable cost option

Here is a link that might be useful: Barker Cabinets

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 12:58AM
Scooper1959

Thank you - I will look them up. Has anyone one heard of Kabinart cabinets? I'm finding that when you get estimates from different places, they all deal with different companies. Thanks!!

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 4:44PM
lindy1096

We bought Bellmont cabinets. They are made locally in the PNW and affordable.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 11:37PM
buehl

Are they Omega Dynasty cabinets?

I'm really surprised you had a bad experience with them. I have them and I absolutely love them! They're so sturdy and the finish quality is wonderful! All the hardware is solid and works smoothly. The customer service is outstanding! I highly recommend them...

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 3:24AM
Scooper1959

The ones I have are 16 years old an thermafoil. They became warped and peeled within 1 year. Unfortunately we didn't know the right questions to ask 16 years ago. Now I'm asking a ton. I'm sure there better cabinets are probably great. Thermafoil cabinets are horrible. Our kitchen isn't that big - 14 x 14 and we paid $13,000 for cabinets that were crappy back then. Are there any sites that rate the actual quality of different cabinet mfgs? I was thinking about going with Kraft Maid - they've been around for so long and I love the color selection.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 12:22AM
More Discussions
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Crack in Quartz countertop
I purchased my Quartz countertop 7 months ago and I...
avsheth2002
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
annaw_123
Left/Right/Center & Related Hand & Faucet Questions
I've searched & read countless threads here over...
Carrie B
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™