Kitchen Layout Feedback

lzhwongSeptember 22, 2013

I've already received quite a bit of helpful feedback on our kitchen layout but I would like some more input. I just received our cabinet renderings and would like you to take a look again.

One of my main concerns is on the range wall. Currently, the drawer banks flanking both sides of the range are 24''. Originally, they were draw as 2 banks of 24'' on the left and 2 banks of 21'' on the right. I asked him to make them symmetrical and as a result there is only a 6'' opening for the corner cabinet. One option is to eliminate the corner cabinet altogether and have a bank of drawers on the other side. The other option is to revert back to the original drawing and have 2 banks of 24'' and 2 banks of 21''.

There are 2 windows flanking the stove and 1 large window over the sink. To the right of the sink will be a hutch style cabinet.

Thank you again for all of your help!

Please take a look and let me know if there are any glaring concerns.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
williamsem

I'm having trouble figuring out some of those measurements with all those numbers. But why can't they make each side of the range have one 24 and one 21 stack? That would give you 6 inches back and be equal on each side.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 1:30AM
annkh_nd

I'm no layout expert, but I believe function trumps symmetry. Besides, with a corner cabinet on one end and wall ovens on the other end, you aren't symmetrical to start with.

Can you post an overhead layout, with dimensions? Please show where the openings lead.

What are you planning for the base corner? Lazy Susan, pull-out contraption, blind corner? What do you plan to keep there?

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 10:58AM
sena01

I would prefer 24/21 and be able to use the corner cab. The island will be in the way, so I think widths of drawers will not be much noticed. Besides, the windows, hood and anything on the eye level would attract more attention imo.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 1:55PM
More Discussions
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
37" or 30" cooktop?
I was planning on a 30" induction cooktop which...
12crumbles
Neolith polished Classtone?
Has anyone seen any of the new neolith classtone surfaces...
nels1678
Kitchen Layout opinions
Hi, due to some plan changes (for expense reasons)...
sfstanek1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™