Calling enduring- question re: your sink

boops2012September 1, 2013

Looking at an old thread, saw your beautiful backsplash and noticed the simplicity of your sink. Is it mounted in a 30 in base? If you could share info , I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Are you referring to my stainless steel kitchen sink or my bathroom sink that is made of soapstone?

Bookmark   September 2, 2013 at 12:02AM
boops2012

T he kitchen sink, sorry didn't specify.

Bookmark   September 2, 2013 at 8:08AM
enduring

Well, I should have realized that is what you meant, being the Kitchen Forum :)

It is a C-Tech-I sink that I found online. It is the model ZSR-300 Paola sink. It is 31x18 outer dimension according to the web site. Probably too wide for my kitchen area but it has worked fine for me. I can not recommend the distributor, Zigby's Kitchen. They were quite friendly on the phone when I asked that they send me more installation bolts, but NEVER followed through with it. The sink only came with 6 and I needed 8 or 10 according to the instructions. My plumber thought the bolts were of poor quality anyway. He had a machinist friend make some stainless steel ones to finish the job. I called the retailer probably 5-6 times to ask them to mail these bolts to me and they always stated they were doing this. Again, never happened.

The sink is fine, but I would look elsewhere. The C-Tech faucet I got from them crapped out in 2 years, the pull down head broke apart.

I would look for something else entirely.

Bookmark   September 2, 2013 at 9:39PM
boops2012

thanks for sharing your experience. Always good to know the details of shopping for products first hand . Are you planning on replacing the sink and would you go topmount again?

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 3:17PM
enduring

I am keeping the sink and I hope it gives me years of service. Once mounted it has not been a problem. I installed the counters with my husbands help. They are soapstone so was a DIY project. If I need a sink in the future, I will need to get an over mount sink to cover up the rough cut that was done on the counter for the sink hole. I don't know if I'll find a sink to fit or not. If I ever need a new sink I might have to get a new counter too :/

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 7:40PM
More Discussions
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
Kitchen window or no?
We are planning our new home. I am a difficult time...
kymberie
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
ROHL faucet help
I want to buy a Rohl faucet, because I know they have...
michelle16
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™