Amish Kitchen Cabinets Western PA (Pittsburgh Area)???

bics56September 25, 2012

I just started a kitchen remodel for a house I just purchased. So far I just removed the old cabinets. I have heard great stories about people using the Amish to build them beautiful kitchen cabinets for very reasonable prices. Has anyone here used the amish with great results? Details of the actual process will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindsay221

My husband and I are using Schrock's of Walnut Creek. They are a custom cabinetry company located a couple hours west of Pittsburgh in Walnut Creek, Ohio. I'm not sure if they are Amish or Mennonite owned, but I know there are a combination of both who work there. They have been absolutely wonderful to deal with. We went out several months ago and toured their facility and got to see the cabinets being made. The quality is just fantastic. My contact there is Lyle Miller. He truly has been wonderful. We have just placed our order, so we won't have our cabinets until the beginning of November. I'll be posting lots of pictures when our kitchen is finished!

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 8:11AM
bjwright1

We are in Wexford and used a local cabinet maker. He wasn't Amish but makes amazing cabinets! I put the link to the page where I posted my kitchen cabinets. The cabinet maker is Mike Santa and his workshop is near Cranberry. (724) 272-0259 Let me know if the link below doesn't work and I'll try to get a picture of my cabinets on. He is working on white painted cabinets with a different door style for a friend of mine now.

Here is a link that might be useful: custom cherry cabinets photo

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 12:39PM
jenny_from_the_block

I would recommend Mountaineerwoodcraft.com / Fairmont Kitchen Center, in Fairmont WV. They just did our kitchen and we were very happy with both quality and price. Our contact there was Mike Hoffman. They were one of the few places that would make our cabinets out of our own wood we provided. I hope to post pictures of our finished kitchen soon! (PS Lindsay, our counters are in and I owe you some countertop photos soon!)

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 10:25PM
Imp.capensis

Jenny --

I know this is an old, old post but if you're still around....

We just stopped in at Fairmont Kitchen Center today and met Mike Hoffman. I was really impressed with the cabinetry finish -- had no idea such quality was available in Fairmont -- and Mike seems knowledgeable and nice. And how great is that, that they can use your own wood? Are you in WV? How are your cabinets holding up? How did your kitchen design work out? So many questions. Thanks so much.

Betsy

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 9:01PM
More Discussions
Cabs above the fridge and wall oven
We don't have a KD yet, and I'm still just figuring...
Jennifer Weinman
Soapstone in the Midwest/St. Louis area?
Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for the past year,...
designsaavy
Faux marble countertops II
Here's the link to original post, but it's kind of...
lavender_lass
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
Sponsored Products
18 Inch Bathroom Vanity Set
TheBathOutlet
KOHLER Utility Sinks Glen Falls 25 in. x 22 in. x 13-5/8 in. Cast Iron Utility
Home Depot
Googly Dot Kids 10-Oz. Sports Bottle
$6.99 | zulily
French Quarter Hanging Counter Light Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Christopher Knight Home Taylor Teal Bonded Leather Dining Chair (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Sonda TV Stand by BDI
$1,099.00 | Lumens
Razzo Pendant by Tech-Tiella Lighting
$100.00 | Lumens
Brentwood SC-150S 6.5 Quart Stainless Steel Slow Cooker- Stainless & Black
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™