Wilsonart Milano Quartz

serinSeptember 14, 2008

Hi, all. Can anyone post a photo of this laminate surface installed? Or point me to where I can find one? I'm down to my last few days of selecting the perfect laminate countertop but just can't seem to settle and my imagination stalls when trying to expand a teeny laminate sample into a beautful, finished countertop in my kitchen. I need help!

Thank you,

Serin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinep

I too have narrowed my selection to this one. (I just haven't given the installer the go-ahead.) I did order an 8 x 10 sample and it helps, but it would be great to see it installed. I'm heavily leaning toward this with my creamy white cabinets because it looks like granite with a price that will allow me to not feel guilty if I decide to go with something else in 5 years.

What color are your cabinets that you're pairing this with, Serin?

Bookmark   September 15, 2008 at 1:32PM
catherinep

I called the installer today. It may be 3-4 weeks before he can complete my counters, but I'll post a picture of Milano Quartz when they're finished.

Bookmark   September 17, 2008 at 12:29PM
catherinep

My Milano Quartz counters were installed last week. I love them! We've got a few more things to do with the kitchen, but here's a look at the counter tops.

Bookmark   October 22, 2008 at 12:35PM
stargirl_2008

Hi Catherine, I really can't tell from your pictures, but what edge did youget for your counter top? I am thinking of the no drip edge for my Wilsonart in Milano Blaze. In looking at yours, from what I can tell, you have a straight squared edge. Thanks!

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 11:54AM
ci_lantro

Stargirl--It's the beveled edge. Look closely at the second photo--the end of countertop.

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 1:40PM
catherinep

Hi Stargirl, Ci lantro is right. It's the beveled edge. I had originally wanted a 180 wrap edge. However, that would have required a post-form counter which would have then given me a diagonal seam in the corner between the sink and stove. I didn't want to have any visible seams. The beveled edge allowed for no seams on the top anywhere. With the beveled edge, I could have gotten clipped corners, but I opted for 90 degree inside and outside corners.

Bookmark   October 29, 2008 at 11:00PM
pfmastin

Thank you catherinep,
Wow, that's good looking! I'm glad to see it. I'm getting ready to install Formica's Perlato Granite w/ the same edge. Thank you for letting us see that laminate can be beautiful.
Pam

Bookmark   October 30, 2008 at 12:23AM
catherinep

Thanks, Pam! I just looked up Perlato Granite. It's really nice-looking. One thing we did in the area above the dishwasher is coat the underside of the counter with urethane varnish. This way, steam won't cause swelling with the counter's wood structure. Good luck with your counters!

Bookmark   October 30, 2008 at 1:34PM
pfmastin

catherinep,
I had a friend give me the same advice about sealing the underside of the counter above the dishwasher. I asked my fabricator this morning if they can put a laminate strip there and she said they could. Would you think it still needs to be sealed?

Pam

Bookmark   October 30, 2008 at 3:25PM
catherinep

I think the laminate strip would also work for sealing above the dishwasher. --Catherine

Bookmark   October 31, 2008 at 1:37PM
jchoich

Does anyone happen to have a picture of Milano Mahogany Wilsonart countertops? We are trying to chose a color for our new house and can't decide! Thanks!

Bookmark   December 1, 2008 at 3:17PM
More Discussions
Help! Removing stains on granite
I am hoping that somebody here can help with this because...
kellienoelle
Fabricator questions
We were just told that the fabricator our contractor...
tea4all
Thoughts on tile with this granite? Aquario
I saw that one or two people on here have the granite...
kelleg69
Your longest stretch of granite counter w/o seam?
Our counters will be re-templated later today. It...
tea4all
Gap between backsplash and over-the-range microwave?
Hi, all. Does anyone have an over-the-range microwave...
hjs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™