Omega Cabinetry

yorkie_galSeptember 7, 2010

Any experience with Omega Cabinets, good or bad?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buehl

All Good!

I have Omega and my cabinets are wonderful! I have stained & glazed cherry.

I have a mixture of Dynasty/Embassy (semi-custom) and Omega Custom and they are all very, very nice. That's one of the great things about Omega...since most doors & finishes are in both lines, you can order semi-custom for most cabinets and just get Custom where needed.

Their customer service is also outstanding...my KD's company gave me a hard time about mis-ordered shelves (incorrect 3 times!!)...they told me they wouldn't re-order them even though they were the ones who made the mistake every time. I called Omega directly and they told me not to worry about it, that they would contact my KD's company themselves and get it straightened out...lo and behold! A couple of weeks later the shelves arrived...and ordered correctly! Omega was so wonderful to work with!

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 9:57PM
igloochic

My kitchen is 100% omega custom as are my baths and I have no complaints and only compliments to share. My design was very complicated, resulting in a couple of cabinets being made more than once (Kd error IMO). They remade them on a rush each time. I also had another installed wrong by a contractor and not only did they correct that with a new cab but they worked with the granite company to ensure the changeout would go smoothly. They were well worth every dime!!

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 10:16PM
paulabrady

My mom got Omega installed a year ago. They are wonderful in every way!

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 10:28PM
yorkie_gal

Thank You you guys. My Cabinets could be furnished by a number of companies I think, not a complicated Galley, but I do want a quality cabinetry, especially seeings its a open concept home and they will be seen from the Great Room.

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 6:01AM
lagrant

I CANNOT say enough good things about Omega! LUV LUV LUV my cabinets! They are worth every penny (okay, Igloo, yes, every dime :) )

I was concerned that the white painted maple wouldn't hold up to 5 teenagers, but I have been proven quite wrong.

Good luck!

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 4:06PM
lkremodel

Originally I wanted light maple cabinets but didn't like how the Omega maple looked in a model kitchen. We went with a light oak which has a more uniform color. We picked shaker style.

The cabinets look good and work well and feel very solid. I picked lower quality (another company)for bathroom & basement and you can definitely tell the difference. The lower quality seems ok for less used cabinets. Kitchen cabinets take a beating in our house and the Omega cabinets are handling it.

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 10:48PM
attygirl

So glad to hear the positive comments on Omega. My Omega/Dynasty cabinets are sitting in my garage and should start to be installed any day now. They look so nice just sitting there - I can hardly wait to see them up! The quality seems outstanding.

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 10:58PM
blondie859111

lagrant, I'm looking @ Omega right now, painted maple. Would you be kind enough to post a few pics please? I would love to see them!
Thank you!

Bookmark   October 28, 2010 at 5:22PM
More Discussions
Lighting 7 foot ceiling pantry
I am doing a bank of cabinets in my 9 foot by 7 foot...
katonahmom
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
General Contractor bid excessive?
I'm doing a forced remodel due to a flood and handling...
beachem
Close matches to Conestoga popular White paint colors
We often get asked whose paints Conestoga uses on their...
Cabinet Joint
10 cm gap between cabinets and steel - help!
Hi all, Our kitchen designers have messed up their...
waytonc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™