Hood - anyone have a Kobe hood?

a2geminiSeptember 7, 2013

OK - I didn't know anything when I ordered my appliances and hood - except that our area was strictly enforcing the MUA rules of 400.
Our house is about 25 years old, so not as tight as many houses.
I hate our Broan range hood - it is a 350 but does boost to 450(installed after the inspection...)
It has one fan on the left side and our giant burner is on the back right. I didn't realize it only had one fan until after it was installed.
I am thinking of replacing our current vent with http://www.koberangehoods.com/product/CH-122U-SQB.html
We have to use a rear exhaust and found this Kobe - which can vent to the rear - anyone have a similar model - this is the new model with LED lights instead of Halogen - it has 2 fans and baffles.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
williamsem

We have a chx191 series 30 inch and are very happy with it. Looks like the new ones have 6 speeds vs our 3 (which is plenty for us, the top rating only went up a little), and it now vents top or back (I settled for top only, looks like I should have held out!).

They are quiet, stylish, and have a good CFM rating at a decent price. I would go for it if you like that model.

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 8:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

I love my Kobe CH191 hood. Similar curved design to the 122, which prevents lacerations if someone tall runs into it. Very powerful and quiet, even though the duct has a couple turns and several feet. I rarely run mine on high. LED lights would be a plus - I'm going to switch out my halogens. Easy to clean. Very responsive customer service. The one you're looking at has the controls recessed, which would be good. My controls are just flat on the bottom of the front, and I always put my fingers on the front of the hood for leverage, so I always have fingerprints to clean off. This new design would avoid that problem.

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Northern Jersey/Big Apple
I am going to be in this area for a couple weeks. I...
a2gemini
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
Ikea pantry options - what will work best?
I have a wall space between two french doors adjacent...
crcollins1_gw
37" or 30" cooktop?
I was planning on a 30" induction cooktop which...
12crumbles
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™