Hood - anyone have a Kobe hood?

a2geminiSeptember 7, 2013

OK - I didn't know anything when I ordered my appliances and hood - except that our area was strictly enforcing the MUA rules of 400.
Our house is about 25 years old, so not as tight as many houses.
I hate our Broan range hood - it is a 350 but does boost to 450(installed after the inspection...)
It has one fan on the left side and our giant burner is on the back right. I didn't realize it only had one fan until after it was installed.
I am thinking of replacing our current vent with http://www.koberangehoods.com/product/CH-122U-SQB.html
We have to use a rear exhaust and found this Kobe - which can vent to the rear - anyone have a similar model - this is the new model with LED lights instead of Halogen - it has 2 fans and baffles.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
williamsem

We have a chx191 series 30 inch and are very happy with it. Looks like the new ones have 6 speeds vs our 3 (which is plenty for us, the top rating only went up a little), and it now vents top or back (I settled for top only, looks like I should have held out!).

They are quiet, stylish, and have a good CFM rating at a decent price. I would go for it if you like that model.

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 8:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

I love my Kobe CH191 hood. Similar curved design to the 122, which prevents lacerations if someone tall runs into it. Very powerful and quiet, even though the duct has a couple turns and several feet. I rarely run mine on high. LED lights would be a plus - I'm going to switch out my halogens. Easy to clean. Very responsive customer service. The one you're looking at has the controls recessed, which would be good. My controls are just flat on the bottom of the front, and I always put my fingers on the front of the hood for leverage, so I always have fingerprints to clean off. This new design would avoid that problem.

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
Banquette as only dining area?
I apologize for starting a banquette thread again but...
vdinli
Need help on storing root vegetables
Can anyone help me with ideas to store my root veges...
sl4321
Kitchen elevation opinions please
I spent good part of the morning drawing my new kitchen,...
houserookie
Proximity of Sink to pantry wall - how to avoid water damage?
I currently have just enough space for a 12 inch counter/cabinet...
sl4321
Baker Cherry Shaker doors vs IKEA Laxarby doors
Please advise on Baker doors. I am going to get IKEA...
enduring
Sponsored Products
Homelegance Roy 7 Piece Trestle Dining Room Set in Dark Espresso
Beyond Stores
Shower Curtain Artistic - Sea Turtle
$89.00 | DiaNoche
Somerton Dwelling Villa Madrid Arm Chairs (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
AHB Catania Return Bar - Navajo - 600005NAV-S-RF
Hayneedle
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Catalina Bisque Umbrella Table Outdoor L
Home Depot
Small Union Sectional
Opulent Items
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™