Elkay sinks-good or bad?

dowbrightSeptember 3, 2012

Elkay Celebrity Top Mount Stainless Steel 25x22x7.5 1-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink

I'm looking at this sink but can't find much feedback on it. Has anyone here tried it, or the Elkay brand in general? OR, can you suggest a mid-priced stainless steel sink (small for a kitchenette) that IS good quality?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Angie_DIY

Elkay enjoys a solid reputation around here! (No problems with mine....)

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 8:59PM
nini804

My sink is an Elkay...I am very happy with it!

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 7:39AM
ginny20

The 50-year-old sink that I donated to ReStore when we demo'd was an Elkay. My new one is also Elkay, and only 19 gauge. I love it. No problems after 1 year of use.

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 2:57PM
dowbright

This is an excellent thread for Elkay! I hope they see it. :)

50 years??? WOW. Thanks, folks. I went ahead and bought it, and plan to love it for years. I appreciate you taking the time. :D

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 1:37PM
lee676

Elkay runs the gamut from cheap stuff for the big-box stores to high-end specialty sizes, but they're all quite good. I think Celebrity is one of their more basic lines.

I've always liked the LWR-2522R (shown here) or LWR-2522L (same but with drain in the back left corner), because the recessed drain makes it a cinch to dump excess waste down the disposer, and because putting the drain in the back corner means the drain won't be covered by the first plate you put into the sink, and because it also moves the disposer to the rear corner of the sink cabinet underneath rather than smack dab in the middle where it's in the way of everything. It can be ordered with one through five holes on the deck.

Also consider a D-shaped sink without a full-length faucet ledge, just a hole on each corner, with the drain in the back center. These are very roomy despite fitting in the same size cabinet. Elkay also recently introduced a line of "Perfect Drain" sinks that don't need a flange around the drain when used with an Insinkerator-built disposer.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 2:45PM
dowbright

This is for a kitchenette that's very small and won't be used much, so i didn't want to go gangbusters on the purchase. My cheap-end one will do the trick. But I love your knowledge and pictures! Thanks. :D

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 4:02PM
lee676

All of those I mentioned are low-to-midrange priced

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 4:55PM
lindy1096

Anyone have the Elkay undermount stainless steel sink from Costco? It's only $250 but it is also only 19 gauge. We have been planning to get 18 gauge or lower.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 9:10PM
island

I have an Elkay double bowl undermount stainless sink, never babied, cleaned with anything and everything and it's still going strong after 13 years. Bought at Home Depot Expo, less than $500, maybe even less and probably 19 gauge. All I remember for sure it was waaaaaay less than other name brands that had the same look. It's the only thing in my kitchen I would keep if it was possible to get out without trashing the cabs and granite we'll recycle. I plan to buy the same thing unless I go with a stainless apron.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 9:43PM
More Discussions
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
scrappy25
Cabinet coat for office
I am painting over dark stained builtins in our home...
erinnicole
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™