Hood for Bluestar 36 inch cooktop - please suggest

MSethSeptember 23, 2013

Thanks to all GW members for helping out newbie's like me...

Need suggestions for stainless steel nice looking,less-noisy, Bluestar worthy, budget friendly ($700-800) hood (maybe 600 cfm)..

(I know too much on my wish list :-)...)

Saw some names on older posts:
Zephyr typhoon, Kobe CH191, Vent-a-hood

Does it have to be range hood or island hood? Cooktop is not on island.

Please help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sumnerstuff

We are about 3 weeks from installing appliances including my 36" Blue Star cooktop too! I decided to go with a less expensive hood for now as we are spending so much on this reno. I may find I want to change it out in a few years, but I am ok with not having a top-of-the-line hood. I purchased a ZLine hood from Amazon for about $550. 42" wide (BS recommends 6" larger than the cooktop), 720 CFM (BS recs min of 600 CFM). Looks to be a very nice hood for the price and had great reviews. I think the price has even come down a bit since I purchased a few months ago. Take a look at them and see what you think. Obviously I cannot tell you how loud it is, etc. Give me a few weeks and I may be able to help more. :)

Are you doing anything for make-up air? It is not required where I live, but I decided to do it anyway. Had an HVAC guy come thru on something else and he said 720 CFM will pull nearly 2 tons of air thru the house. He felt make-up air was very wise. I'm happy we are doing it.

Good luck!

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
Kitchen design assistance - Small kitchen
I have a 12x13 foot kitchen with way too many entry...
schuste1
Brickton's Finished Kitchen
We started our house in the fall of 2011 and moved...
brickton
Any ideas on drywall cost?
We are doing a DIY kitchen remodel. Completely DIY....
Kristen Hallock
Corner Drawers instead of Lazy Susan?
If you have them, do you like them? There are 2 corner...
beekeeperswife
Thoughts on tile with this granite? Aquario
I saw that one or two people on here have the granite...
kelleg69
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™