Photo posting issue
Some kind souls have notified me that the photos of my kitchen reveal were not only sideways but some were upside down! What a bummer! Especially after I spent literally hours to post the photos,
Here are the steps I took:
1. Logged into gardenweb and go to kitchen forum and start a new post.
2. In a different browser tab, go to tinypic.com, upload an image from my camera roll in my Ipad. Photos were all in the right orientation when uploaded.
3. For each image to be uploaded, I had to enter a verification code to prove I was not a spam bot. That was tiresome.
4. After the image was uploaded, I noticed that some vertical image was shown as horizontal image on their small photo icon. But, when I clicked that image, the icon becomes the full size image and right side up. So, it looked fine and I thought tinypic has corrected its upload confusion.
5. I copied the html tag as directed by one of the posts here in GW and pasted the tag to my GW post. (At first, I was copying the IMG code for forum and message boards, which ended up showing no photos at all in preview mode. So, after discovering that I needed to paste the html tag, I redid the whole uploading process again, and this time copying and pasting the html code.)
6. Repeat until all desired photos were posted.
When I previewed my post on my Ipad, prior to submitting my post, the message looked fine as the photos all showed right side up. Thus, I sent the post off.
Little did I know, people who viewed my post on the computer screen, and not on their Iphone or Ipad, had to do gymnatics in order to view the photos.
I don't know whether the issue is with uploading photos from an Ipad's camera roll to tinypic? The photos are in correct orientation in my Ipad..
In anycase, if you have a proven and easy method to upload photos, please share with me! Thanks!
Note to self: get a flickr or a photobucket account! :)