kindly lend me your designer eyes ....for a kitchen remodel Q

homeimprovementmomSeptember 15, 2013

I am doing a remodel of a kitchen. The owners have chosen spanish antique marble here is a link
http://www.houzz.com/photos/767133/Spanish-Macael-Grey-and-White-marble-eclectic-floor-tiles-boston

for the new floor. The cabinetry will be high gloss in BM snowfall. there will be one island with the sink in a dark stained walnut. There is a LaCanche Cluny in Anthracite in the traditional but the color is a bit blacker/with tinges of grey and dark blue http://www.frenchranges.com/your_colors.shtml

I am not sure of the counter top color. The material will be one of the quartze type: silestone, Cambria, Ceasar stone. What color would you chose? Would you go dark or white? there is Piatra grey in Cesar stone and a Fieldstone in Cambria...white, ? I am kind of stumped.
Please lend me your designer eye

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

When you say "the owners", exactly what do you mean? Is this your personal kitchen? Or one that you've been engaged to renovate as a.....what? Contractor? Consultant? Designer?

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 7:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
palimpsest

I think it depends on what the veining in the flooring looks like IRL. I like the monochromatic look of the Cambria, personally. I would probably order samples of the likely candidates.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 7:26PM
More Discussions
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
Clearance for full overlay doors
I'm finally ready to order the doors and drawer fronts...
weedyacres
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™