DWD set in center of base? Anyone know why not?

deedlesSeptember 15, 2012

Just wondering if a person bought one DWD, say the tall one... is there any practical reason why you couldn't have the cabinet made with a shallow drawer at the top, then the DWD, then another drawer underneath? I can't think of a reason but I've not seen it done thus far. Has anyone seen this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
springroz

Do they not let steam out the top? My former DW ruined my perfectly good, even though installed incorrectly, partical board under laminate countertops. Steam would billow out after the rinse cycle.

Nancy

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 6:15PM
deedles

I don't think I've noticed steam billowing out of my Bosch Dw unless I open it. I mean, if that was the case wouldn't everyone with laminate have this happen? Was yours a DWD?

Maybe I could put a Blum tandombox over it?

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 6:34PM
Fori is not pleased

Like an F&P? They don't have a heated dry so they aren't super steamy. You'd certainly want to seal it well...

I think nobody does it because it's not an improvement in functionality. You'd still need a drawer underneath, too.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 7:24PM
bmorepanic

Actually, experienced laminate people will not warranty the counter with dishwasher drawers. The silly little plastic strip merely delays the inevitable. Ask me how I know :(

They are a little freaky because of the drawer - it has a lid inside that clamps down when the unit is on. But once you open the unit, all the steam goes straight up into whatever is above it. Even if you reshut the drawer, the lid is now unlocked and the steam will keep going up from the top. Regular dishwashers do this do, but not after you close the door.

We used ours for about 4 months with the silly strip and the counter had just started to bubble up. They could have changed the model since we had one, but I really wouldn't recommend putting it under a drawer.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 7:28PM
deedles

Hmm. Okay. Could be problematic, I guess.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 10:01PM
More Discussions
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
Granite countertop color question
My wife and I just bought some granite countertops. In...
dsm1995gst
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
Karran quartz sink?
I really like the look and supposed durability of the...
oasisowner
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™