Color Contrasting Question

hjf234September 8, 2012

Attached is a picture of our espresso cabinets, luna pearl granite, and saddle flooring. Being a townhouse, our dining area and kitchen are in the same room. We plan on keeping the walls a very light gray. We have a square restored wood dining table that is brown with ivory chairs. Here is my question. We need a buffet table/side board to complete the room and having trouble picking out a color. If we go with a brown piece, will the area be too full of browns and lacking contrast? Should we go with an ivory to match the chairs or a deep red to give the room a pop? Or is there another suggestion? Thanks for all your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MuleHouse

I would go with Ivory to match the chairs. In fact, I'd probably scrap a chip of paint from underneath a chair seat to have paint mixed to match.

Your granite is beautiful and your whole kitchen is going to be spectacular.

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 6:31PM
beeps

Red. I like pops of color. =)

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 6:35PM
eam44

You have a lot of wood in both rooms. How would you feel about using different materials? This is one example of a metal and marble buffet table. Bring color into the room with fabric, decorative bowls and vases - things that can easily be changed. If you're going to spend a lot for this table, keep it neutral so you don't tire of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Burton Forge

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 11:00PM
notkim

hjf234,

Can you please post a pic of your kitchen? Specially the cabinets and the granite. We too are in the construction phase of our townhouse and picked the same granite and cabinets!!! (Espresso cabinet with Luna Pearl granite).

I am a bit nervous with our selection of the granite. We had options like New Venetian Gold (NVG), Santa Cecelia & Giallo Ornamental. We had decided on St. Cecelia or NVG, but when we went to the granite place, we did not find "the slab" we wanted for our cabinets (too much black in the st. cecelia & NVG) and after 2 visits just went ahead and picked Luna Pearl.

Thank you.
Kim

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 5:32PM
More Discussions
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
Thoughts on tile with this granite? Aquario
I saw that one or two people on here have the granite...
kelleg69
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
Cooktop in Island - love it or hate it?
I am leaning towards our cooktop in the island. Some...
muskoka_mum
Norcraft vs. Marsh cabinets - is one better?
We have been working with a large local cabinet company....
raleighsharon
Sponsored Products
Da Vinci Stainless Steel 12-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Pendant Light, 12W
Bellacor
Prandina | Notte S9 Pendant Light
YLighting
Tuscana Set of 4 Blue Goblets
Classic Hostess
Spring Green Wall Art II
Grandin Road
Foscarini | Twiggy Pendant Light
YLiving.com