Day 5...they worked hard this week!!

ali80caSeptember 27, 2013

It is amazing how much can be accomplished in 5 short days. My kitchen looks so different than it did a week again or even than it did Monday morning. The bulk of the banquette is done and so is most of the island. I need to go pick up my knobs and pulls on Monday or Tuesday so that they are available for install. I have a feeling I will spend most of the weekend opening and closing drawers and doors! Such fun!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ali80ca

one view of the island, it still needs pillars and kickplate installed

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 5:16PM
rosie

Oh, wow! That's getting exciting. Even from this side. I am ridiculously intrigued by that far windowed corner. Fondle the doors all you want now so you can give proper attention to the counters when they go in. :)

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 7:29PM
KBSpider

Man, they are rolling along, aren't they? Blue is my favorite color. I'm seeing these cabs and starting to change my mind on what I want. The good news is, I probably have at LEAST another year to decide, if I'm lucky, so...

I gotta stop reading GW....lol...

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 7:34PM
Mgoblue85

Wow you are making progress. I can't wait to be in your shoes!!!

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 10:56PM
ali80ca

LOL Rosie, my corner that covers a ridiculously large heating duct. There will be a second sink there (more a laundry type sink), that will be handy for soaking clothes to handwash, or even wash vegetables from the fridge before they get cooked. That area used to be a separate room and the plumbing was already there.

Spider, I love the blue too, even more now that it is installed. You really do have to go with what you love.

Blue it is such fun to watch!

Productive weekend here, I actually sold all my old appliances (for money!! Wow) and my big blue tarp covering stuff on my front porch is smaller than it was. Nobody is coming today so I might go and pick up my knobs and pulls.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 7:50AM
More Discussions
Removing a load-bearing wall... $10,000!
Omigod. We just got a quote for removing the load-bearing...
ideagirl2
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™