Barstools like this?

kksmamaSeptember 26, 2013

I ordered these stools, believing the salesperson who told me they would have a metal finish. They don't, they arrived marred, and are not worthy of my kitchen (borrowing that line from another poster, regarding another GWers light fixture).

I really liked the style. I want 26" high seats, swivel, a cushioned seat, and am willing to pay for quality (now that I've returned these) because I know we'll use them a lot and they are highly visible in my kitchen. Stainless or wood would be okay, and I could go with arms or no arms.

Any ideas for me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sas95

Saloom Furniture makes quality stools. They have a good selection of swivel and non swivel, cushion and wood seats. And their cushioned stools are 26". Best of all, you can choose the wood stain and cushion fabric. Not cheap, but not crazy-expensive. Very comfortable, too! We are very happy with ours.

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 5:19PM
localeater

Have you looked on Wayfair.com? They have a huge selection. When you search for counter stools, a bunch of features will pop up for narrowing down. If you select meta frame, swivel, etc. I have the Nicholas, by Trica. It is very comfortable. Trica stools will have an option of height.
I don't know where you are located, but if you are in the Boston area, there is a great store called 'chair fair' they have about 300 stools on display and you can go and give them all the butt test.

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 8:13PM
kksmama

Wow - 300 stools? That would be awesome. The largest selection I've found in one store so far is around 30.
I'll check out Saloom and Trica, I hate to just order online without butt testing but narrowing down some brands is a great help. Thanks for the suggestions!

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 10:24PM
More Discussions
Induction cooktop > no slow cooker?
Can the low settings, timer and a good pot replace...
anniel58
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
beachem
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™