island lighting help

CallMeJaneSeptember 30, 2013

Hi all,

I selected my fixtures a while ago, but now that most of the kitchen is in, I dont like what I chose for above the seating island. Not to mention I need down lighting. I am not sure if I should use the fixture to 'sway' the feel of the kitchen either.

Its not the best picture of the kitchen, in terms of color scheme, but there are two islands-one cooking, and one seating that are both a warm brown walnut-esque stain. The countertops will be a white macaubus all around, and I was going to use the backsplash to try and warm things up a bit as well. And there's more cabinetry being blocked by the wing wall. The back of the curved island, that you see bare right now, will have a warmer earth tone ledgestone, with an overhang.

The vent box Im trying to get rid of. There's a support beam dead center of where the vent should be, so they had to build a box to hide curving the duct to center. But my hood is stainless steel with a glass canopy.

I was looking at stainless steel fixtures vs drum lights. I would need something with at least 3 lights. I feel drum lights would make it more formal....not that its a bad thing. Maybe I should wait till countertops are in? Current fixtures are on a truck somewhere, so thats why I was looking now.

Thoughts??

Thanks!

More Discussions
Just got my kitchen remodel photographed by a prof. What a difference!
For some reason a couple of the pics double posted....
Tamara Hadji
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Need blackish paint suggestions
We have assembled most of our Barker cabs. The wall...
aktillery9
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
mark_rachel
Do upper super Susan shelves obstruct view?
The 42" tall upper corner cabinet was drilled...
tea4all
Sponsored Products
Swing Console Table
| Italy Design
Alenya 6 Lt Shade Chandelier
$657.80 | Bludot
Nourison Radiant Arts RA01 2'3" x 4' Sapphire Rug
$150.00 | PlushRugs
Picasso Brushed Nickel Three-Light Vanity
$134.00 | Bellacor
Feiss Urban Renewal P1234RI mini-pendant - 8W in. - Rustic Iron - P1234RI
$80.00 | Hayneedle