Need Super Susan help!!!

cabmanSeptember 26, 2008

I am building a high end kitchen for a client. Their KD speced in a 39" corner cabinet with a Super Susan in it. I can not locate anyone that sells the units seperately. Does anyone know where to buy the units without the cabinet? I would even buy the mechanism without the shelves if that is possible. Also the largest lazy susan I can find is a 32" which fits a 36" base cabinet. We are trying not to alter the dimensions of the other cabinets to make the smaller corner unit work. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jrtgal

try kitchensource.com - they have a bunch

Bookmark   September 26, 2008 at 3:52PM
buehl

Not helping, I know...but I'd rather have a wider drawer base or cabinet than a wider corner cabinet...so if it were me I'd say please change the cabinet dimensions!

OR...could you just buy the 32" one for the hardware and then replace the rotating shelves w/bigger shelves that you make? Something like this? Rev-A-Shelf 32" Full Circle Bamboo Lazy Susan -2 Shelf Set - Bamboo-Natural

Is the hardware not available by itself anywhere???

Bookmark   September 26, 2008 at 4:14PM
live_wire_oak

I'm sorry, but it seems a bit, well, strange, that a cabinet maker wouldn't know where to source their hardware.

Bookmark   September 26, 2008 at 5:16PM
buehl

Check out this:

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/kitchen_corner.php

Bookmark   September 26, 2008 at 6:53PM
cabman

For those who offered help, I say thanks. I will check out those sources. To "live wire oak" I say why bother with such a reply. My parents always told me....if you don't have something nice to say....don't say it.

Bookmark   September 28, 2008 at 11:17AM
ci_lantro

6'' diameter; 500# capacity at the link

Here is a link that might be useful: Lazy Susan Hardware

Bookmark   September 28, 2008 at 12:14PM
ci_lantro

12'' diameter; 100# capacity

Here is a link that might be useful: Casey's Wood Products

Bookmark   September 28, 2008 at 12:17PM
ci_lantro

Cabman--the 12'' D swivel bearing has a one thousand pound capacity, not 100# and is sposed to be usable for turntables up to 40'' D.

Bookmark   September 28, 2008 at 4:37PM
cabman

Thanks again for the help. I am familiar with most of the swivels in the links you guys supplied. The weight is not the problem. I need the swivel shelf to have the pie shaped cutout for the corner doors. So the swivel mechanism needs to have a positive stop so it always comes to a rest in the right spot to shut the doors. I don't want the clients to have to line the shelf up each time they want to close the doors. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know. Thanks again!

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 10:56AM
cinamom

Hi Cabman, this may be what you are looking for. Pricy hardware, but good quality.

http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/GroupID/Lazy%20Susans/CatID/Flat%20Lazy%20Susan%20Bearings/showprod/1

Bookmark   September 30, 2008 at 11:38AM
cabman

Thanks,cinamom.....that may work. I will order 2 and try them out. Thanks again!

Bookmark   September 30, 2008 at 12:56PM
christmasbaby

I just saw these while checking out a supplier mentioned in another post. Thought it might be what you were looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lee Valley tools

Bookmark   October 5, 2008 at 8:12PM
jerseygirl_2008

cabman, did the hardware that cinamom suggested work for you? I need the same type of thing for the same setup.

Bookmark   October 9, 2008 at 9:55PM
cabman

I didn't get them yet. I will post up when they arrive.

Bookmark   October 9, 2008 at 10:09PM
cinamom

I was at a kitchen display this week and they had a super susan set up differently. There was a piece of plywood (maybe 12"x12") installed on the shelf which acted as a spacer. The bearing hardware for the susan was installed onto that spacer. This lifted the storage platform just enough for a single roller catch with a mating metal "detent" (for lack of a better word) to be installed below the platform. I'm having a hard time describing this well, but it was quite simple. You wouldn't need a specialty bearing with an integral detent for this, just adjust the seperate catch/stop unit to the proper position. Unfortunately, I didn't find the hardware they used with a quick google, but thought the info might be useful. Good luck!

Bookmark   October 10, 2008 at 9:19AM
cabman

Well, I have this sorted out. I found Omega National. They seem to be the original source of the Super Susan. They only sell through distributors. Turns out that my original hardware supplier does do business with Omega. The first CS rep didn't know what she was doing. The TR12D turntable that cinamom found from wwhardware.com is the exact swivel used in the Super Susan. This is the one with the detent. I still can not get a larger shelf unit then 32" but I can get the TR12D and make my own shelves to fit a 39" corner cabinet. Thanks to all that offered help.

Bookmark   October 10, 2008 at 10:12PM
More Discussions
Conestoga: Madison door with beaded inset?
Has anyone done or seen the Madison door on beaded...
akaypick
Do I need an architect?
I have posted before about wanting to remodel my awful...
msmagoo
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
scrappy25
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™