help me choose counter-walker zanger "ansel" tile

chicagoerinSeptember 22, 2013

Hello-I am stuck. I like the combo of this backsplash with my white adel IKEA cabs. The tile is primarily creamy white and gray. With a touch of tan I might go with the same WZ Anne used, but they didn't have a sample Anne, do you think yours is more Gray than this one? I want Gray. Anyway What type of counter/color can you see with this. I won't have a ton of room for backplash Maybe 5 inches from counter to bottom of cabs across a 5ft wall. I was thinking maybe a gray/black soapstone? I think it should be "quiet" what are your thoughts? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Madeline616

That's really pretty. Love the sheen, too.

I think absolutely any cool-toned counters would be gorgeous. Anything from soapstone, to the whole range of carrera/calacatta/danby marbles, to a black granite, or a cool-toned granite like Kashmir white.

Your idea of grey/black soapstone sound perfect. I'd agree that something on the quieter side might be better, since there's a lot going on with the tile.

Good luck!

Bookmark   September 22, 2013 at 4:04PM
elissahart

Take a look at Caesarstone Raven, and/or some of the other gray quartz options. I think Raven might work really nicely with that backsplash, but I'd want to see them together (I have Raven and love it--it's quiet but with some subtle variation).

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 1:25PM
jess1979

Can you show us your floors or tell us what you are thinking for the floors too. I like the soapstone and have you looked at Ceasarstone's London Grey. I like the WZ tiles, we are putting them in, but a different color. I am not an expert just remodeling.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:22PM
chicagoerin

thanks guys.. haven't chosen the floor yet..sigh. open to ideas there too, know it will be hardwood. probably a medium brown

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 8:20PM
chicagoerin

thanks guys.. haven't chosen the floor yet..sigh. open to ideas there too, know it will be hardwood. probably a medium brown

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 8:26PM
More Discussions
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
Need blackish paint suggestions
We have assembled most of our Barker cabs. The wall...
aktillery9
Marmoleum - Who has it, who loves it, and would you do it again?
I am narrowing down flooring choices for my small kitchen...
cluelessincolorado
What are your thoughts on Ikea Sektion base cabinets?
I've commented here over and over that since this little...
benjesbride
Kitchen reveals and DAT threads with missing photos and text
I’ve been looking at Gardenweb threads that have...
mudhouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™