OT Help! How much "creeking" is okay?

BlackChamoisSeptember 23, 2012

I just had engineered wood floors installed (glued down over cork) as part of my kitchen remodel. I think the installers did a pretty sloppy job as I noted in my original post.

My main question is, how much creeking is okay? It is certainly not excessive, but here and there. I just don't know what to expect with a glue-down application.

I've had one disappointment after another throughout the entire project and I'm getting burned out with the contractors doing sloppy work. The floors were installed by a separate company and not through my GC.

My kitchen cabs are scheduled to go in soon, and will be placed ontop of the floors so of course I want to address any issues asap.

I'm really just not sure what is reasonable to expect.

Thank you!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Post

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
berardmr

Can you live with it? Is it a reasonable complaint? If the answer to 1st question is NO and 2nd question is YES, then I'd bring it up with them.

I'm dealing with a poor GC now so I'm in the same boat with you. But if something's not to your liking, speak up while they can do something about it.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 4:38PM
BlackChamois

Hi berardmr! Thanks! And I am so sorry for what you are going through with your contractor too. I saw your post re: your floors. You have very legit concerns.

Could I live with this (a few creeks)? Yes, I guess I could. I really just didn't know if creeking was normal with glue-down.

I do have some other concerns about the way they "fixed" the individual pieces that had issues, and the fact that they even used boards that were defective so I will be talking with my sales person today.

Good luck with your project! I hope your issues get resolved quickly and the work can move ahead! I understand how frustrating it is!!

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 5:36PM
ae2ga

You might check in the flooring forum, but as I understand it, creeking is a result of the joists, what's under the floor, not the floor itself.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 5:45PM
may_flowers

Hope you're not up the creek with all those creaks. ;)

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
White Macaubus and Sea Pearl quartzite
We are considering White Macaubus for our kitchen in...
poppy3212
What does it take to become a kitchen designer?
I know there were posts on the subject several years...
sjerin
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
hardware length vs. drawer width..
All, We've figured out which pulls we want for our...
yoda888
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™