Emerald Green Granite

ogrose_txSeptember 7, 2013

We went to the showroom today to look at samples of black granite, and among others, came home with a sample of Emerald Green, which to me looks mainly black. However, when checking images on the internet, it looks so much more green. I know the internet is not the place to be looking for true colors, but this did concern me.

Could any of you that have this granite countertop tell me your experience with it - thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sarina

From what I have seen over the years there is a whole range of the Emerald Pearl just like in the Blue Pearl . Which can range from Black to silver to more blue gray to the Royal Blue Pearl which is very blue and hard to find. From what I have seen also the greener Emerald Pearl is harder to find. Both versions are beautiful and should not need to be sealed. Very bulletproof like the Blue Pearl.

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 3:30PM
ogrose_tx

Thanks, sarina, I am really liking this granite, we have the samples in the kitchen with different lighting. I'm thinking the sample must be the Emerald Pearl even though they tag it as Emerald Green. It's between this and Black Galaxy; we will go to the fabrication place next week to really check out what they have and how we like the larger slabs, then pick out "our" slab. We have medium oak cabinets going in, and the granite place really likes working with them, say they always have level cabinets in place, making it easy to work with. They mentioned they are one of the best cabinet makers in the area, and I'm finding that even though our small kitchen remodel is small potatoes, they have been great so far to work with.

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 6:19PM
Sarina

That is wonderful :)

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 7:38PM
More Discussions
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
mark_rachel
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Feedback on revised kitchen layout
Hello again! After receiving some great feedback for...
kevinhoene
Kitchen quote for RTA
I am shopping around for a redesigned kitchen. Below...
vonecu4
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Sponsored Products
Moss Green Boston Common Wool-Blend Rug
$39.99 | zulily
Rooster Indoor Rug
Grandin Road
Hand Knotted Wool Super Kazak Red Diamond Shape 3'x11' Oriental Area Rug H5017
BH Sun Inc
Village Green Chevron Empire Lamp Shade 6x12x8 (Spider)
$59.91 | Lamps Plus
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Ibrahim Gold 3 ft. 9 in.
Home Depot
Pixel Cushion - Spirit - Zuzunaga
$130.00 | HORNE
Set of Four Medium Green Crystal Yarn Ball Ornaments
$69.00 | FRONTGATE
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Chandra Rugs Bay Tan/Green 9 ft. x 13 ft.
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™