how can I find NOS discontinued size range hood

timo888September 3, 2013

We have a 33" x 9" under-cabinet rear-vented range hood. It's about 20" deep, the first 12" are under the cabinet. It needs to be replaced. Rather than throw in the towel and retrofit it with a 30"x7" hood, putting trim over the gaps, I'd like to see if I can find a supplier who might have some "new old stock". eBay has done away with its "I Want to Buy..." section, so if you have some other suggestions on how to find an old discontinued size, I would be grateful. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

Is a custom hood in your budget? If your time is valuable, it might end up cheaper. :)

    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 3:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I contacted the one company I heard about that makes custom hoods, VentaHood, but they don't deal with small stuff like this, they told me. They build 'em BIG, high margin. Do you know of another company that will make them in custom sizes?

    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 5:24PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Ikea cover panel installation question (Akurum line)
Hi all! I was ready to post this to and...
Horizontal flip-up cabinets, hard to use?
Has anyone ever discussed the advantages/disadvantages...
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
Need floorplan advice/help
Hello everyone! Looking for floorplan advice on our...
How much has your Danby Marble countertops scratched?
Still looking for he holy grail of countertops… back...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™