Layout help needed for my renovation
I've been reading tons of past threads, gleaning a lot of information, and lurking - and now I'd love to get your input! My husband and I bought a new house over the summer, and I absolutely needed to redo the kitchen (for form and functionality). We had some other work done right after we bought it, before we moved in, which included tearing out the kitchen. But I haven't had time to design the new kitchen until recently. Here is some context:
- Just me & my husband for now, although we definitely want to have kids (hopefully in the near future!)
- I love to cook, and my husband does the dishes! My dream arrangement! :)
- I definitely want the kitchen to function very, very well; although I love form too, and will try to do some clever tweaks to bridge the two
- The floorplan of our first floor is fairly open, but with some divisions (eg: a full wall between the side-by-side kitchen and dining room)
- We probably aren't going to do structural changes (although my husband would love to open up the kitchen to the dining room - but I don't think that would leave us enough room for the appliances - and I'm not sure it's in the budget!)
- I'm planning to do built-in, higher end appliances (and have been reading the appliance forum a lot!); and I love panels on the dishwasher & fridge
- I'm currently thinking about a 36" range (maybe CC), mainly because of the space available in my kitchen. Although I also like the idea of a rangetop paired with a single wall oven and either an Advantium or the Miele speed oven (which I would get with the range as well).
- we have an angled wall which used to have a hutch and desk along it (see second before photo below). That wall isn't in the preliminary plans below, but I do want to have a built-in cabinet (NO DESK!!) there; I just haven't gotten around to getting a possible layout, so your ideas for that area are also welcome
- the possible layout below has a number of things that I would change (and that weren't my ideas in the first place), so I welcome your thoughts!
So, here's our blueprints from when the house was built, with the original layout:
And a couple photos of the BEFORE kitchen:
And a very preliminary set of plans that I had done by a cabinet maker:
Thanks in advance for your ideas!!!