Cabinet Door Manufacturers ? Barker, Scherr, cabinetnow, others ?

angela12345September 30, 2013

Who are the different manufacturers you can order just cabinet doors from ? (either custom sizes or standard sizes). What do you know about them, what have you heard ? I know many go this route when they do Ikea cabinets and then put different doors on them (not Ikea).

Some I have found so far are cabinetnow.com, Barker, Scherr. Also, if you have ordered from them, please share your experiences.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GauchoGordo1993

I'm expecting $3k in walnut veneer drawer fronts from Scherr's in 3 weeks, so I can get back to you then :)

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 4:50PM
Jacksmom123

We recently put in Barker cabinets and are very impressed with the quality and responsiveness of the company. We ordered maple frame with a wood panel.
The picture was taken just prior to our putting up backsplash , moldings and pulls

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 12:51PM
diyguyjr

I ordered my doors from CabinetNow. if you know a contractor, Decorative Specialties sells door as well. I used CabinetNow as the lead time to get the door was 5-7 business days and their selection almost looked identical to Decorative's selection.

I measured multiple times to make sure i had everything set.

i entered all on line. We got their Manhattan doors in paint grade maple. They have a solid feel. I also ordered the doors predrilled for euro hinges. i would use them again.

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 4:41PM
Lynnski48

I ordered from rawdoors.com. Got raised panel maple doors that we painted a warm grey. The quality is excellent and their website is very user-friendly. Doors came in a timely manner and were very well packed. I also got them predrilled. I would definitely use them again.

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 8:59PM
vdinli

Semihandmade is another online source. Someone on here posted a beautiful walnut kitchen from them. Vsalz, I think

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 11:01PM
Cindy103d

We are very pleased with Conastoga from the Cabinet Authority. They sell entire cabinets, just boxes, just drawers or just doors in any size.

Rick is very patient and will answer a ton of questions without losing his patience. Price was far more reasonable than Lowes/HD stock cabinets.

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 7:51AM
snoonyb

Here's another thats been in business for 35yrs.
http://dreeswoodproducts.com/

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 11:43AM
angela12345

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have 3 places in the house that I want to add doors. I will start checking them out this weekend. Please continue to add to this thread with sources for doors and your experiences with them.

Bookmark   October 3, 2013 at 3:59PM
More Discussions
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Wolf gas range owners - would you buy Wolf again?
I posted a question on the Appliances forum last night...
kaysd
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Please help me decide on kitchen wall cab elevations
We have a 10 foot sloped ceiling (10 feet where the...
veroni2413
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™