Need help with range hood/blower

twinmommy77September 7, 2012

We purchased a wood hood that matched our new kitchen cabinets. The hood comes with a liner, but we did not buy the blower insert, or whatever it is we need, through the cabinet company because I know they jack those prices up sky high.

So now we are trying to figure out what it is we need to buy to complete it. Just looking over the Omega National Products website (who manufactured the wood hood) it seems we need a blower insert and a housing unit. The website also mentions their hoods are built with Broan blowers in mind, but does that mean we are stuck with only Broan or should we be able to use any brand?

And if we can use any brand what dimensions do we need to be looking at to figure out what blower will fit?

It's a 36" wood hood, but I'm not sure if that matters or if we just need to be looking at the size of the opening in the liner.

This is the one area of our kitchen both my husband and I feel like we are just clueless and not finding clear answers.



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You should cross post this on Appliances too.


    Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 2:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks I'll do that.

    Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 9:09PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Unsanded or Sanded Grout for Subway Tile Backsplash
We recently installed a white mini subway tile backsplash...
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
WHITE cabinets with WHITE Bertazzoni range??
In the planning stages of a major kitchen reno. I've...
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
Question on size of wall cabinets flanking cooktop
I'm planning 45" wall cabinets for my uppers....
Sponsored Products
Jofran 342-60 Taylor Cherry Round to Oval Pedestal Dining Table
Beyond Stores
White Thinsulate Curtain Liner Pair
$33.95 | Bellacor
David Trubridge Design | Hinaki Pendant Light - Stained
$900.00 | YLighting
Earth Flame Hybrid Clean Burn Wood Fireplace System - EF36SS
$599.99 | Hayneedle
Istikbal Aspen Sage Microfiber Convertible Sofa - 10-ASP-N0139-03-0
$869.97 | Hayneedle
Cappuccino Accent Side Table
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™