knob and handle dilema - follow up to sourcing Amerock Highland

carterkitchenSeptember 26, 2012

Thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction to the Amerock Highland ridge handles. They are the right shape but our kitchen (and house in general) had black/iron hardware.

The Amerock handles do not come in a black and their imitation oil rubbed bronze is pretty poor IMO.

The "real" dark finish hardware from Sun Valley Bronze or Ashley are unbelieveably expensive - I did not realize people would spend $21 per know and $41-60 per draw handle, not to mention the appliance hanlde prices!

So my ask of this great group is do you know of a source of a good, dark (black/dark brown) natural looking handle, similar to the SVB (but cheaper) or Amerock handles (but nicer finish)?

Traditional Kitchen design by Minneapolis Kitchen And Bath The Woodshop of Avon

Thanks,

Caspian

Here is a link that might be useful: SVB handles - nice but too $$$

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

I never hear Berenson Hardware mentioned, but it's what I used. My cabmaker recommended it. They have some dark finishes, including matte black. Berenson is usually sold through dealers, like my cabmaker, but it is available on-line through sites such as thehardwarehut.com and edirecthardware.com. My handles and pulls were something like $6.60, installed, from my cabmaker. The pulls I've shown below are 4.09 from hardware hut. You can see all their collections, and read about their finishes, on the Berenson website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Berenson Hearthstone

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 1:51PM
eam44

Hickory Hardware Carbonite Black Iron Pull - $5.82 @
http://www.myknobs.com/belp3672bi.html

Stone Mill Hardware Matte Black Marshall Cabinet Pull $13.09 @ http://www.overstock.com/Home\-Garden/Stone\-Mill\-Hardware\-Matte\-Black\-Marshall\-Cabinet\-Pull/6428086/product.html Empire Designs Cabinet Pull $13.95 @ http://www.signaturehardware.com/product7066?utm\_medium\=shoppingengine&utm\_source\=google&adtype\=pla&gclid\=CNbuk7rv07ICFYQ7Mgodqh0AVA
    Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 2:29PM
corgimum

I am using Amerock Mulholland in Antique Rust. It's a dark brown with black accents.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock Mulholland

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 2:38PM
breezygirl

Amerock Westerly in graphite

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock westerly

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 7:32PM
motherof3sons

Menard's has many styles of Hickory hardware in stock. The brand seems durable and well made. I purchased Top Knobs and am very happy. I did have problems with the consistency of the German Bronze finish. With the support of an internet seller, I was able to return everything without a restocking fee or shipping charge. I chose ORB as the new finish and every item looks great. The downside is the Celtic knot knobs I LOVED are not available in ORB.

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 11:52PM
christine40

we did black hardware--it was really really hard to find a style I liked in black.....In the end we were going between Alno and Schaub and Co. Both had flat black basic, simple cup pulls that I liked--alno also had handles that I liked, while Schaub and Co, didn't. so alno won out!

This is from the schaub website, but both were very similar::

http://www.schaubandcompany.com/assets/images/p_trad_grp_nickel.jpg

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 7:49AM
rovo

I just bought Amerock Rochdale pulls for my kitchen on Amazon in graphite, $1 each! A little more industrial than the highland ridge, but you may want to consider their offerings in graphite, as others have suggested.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 9:16AM
Debbi Branka

My daughter just showed me this place last night. She's been ordering door and cabinet hinges from them. The link is to the 'knob/pulls in black' page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabinet Knobs in black

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 9:25AM
carterkitchen

Thanks for all these suggestions. It is amazing how many sources there are.

Interestingly, it is starting to look like there are many brands but only a few sources as the actual handles/knobs look similar even though marketed (and priced) quite differently.
Is anyone familiar with Jeffrey Alexander brand?

Frankly the "right" dark knobs/handles are hard to find!
Caspian

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 12:38PM
camphappy

I got our knobs and pulls from GlideRite. We were able to do our whole kitchen for under $100. If you buy them through their EBay site you can purchase the exact number you want and only pay shipping on one item. If you purchase through their direct site you have to buy packs of 10.
Our pulls are ORB finish and we love them so far. Not sure if they have the ones you're looking for.

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 3:26AM
More Discussions
Week 45: He'p me!
He'p me! I have no idea what to ask about this week,...
CEFreeman_GW
Moen Motionsense faucets
Hello! I just installed a Moen Motionsense kitchen...
yooper856
Ikea Cabinets & Butcherblock - Quality?
We're about 95% sure we're replacing our cabinets....
annaw_123
Specific stacked upper cab questions
I'm looking for input as I get closer to finalizing...
melis918
Gap between backsplash and over-the-range microwave?
Hi, all. Does anyone have an over-the-range microwave...
hjs
Sponsored Products
Eastwood Leather Loveseat - Brighton Soul White White
Joybird Furniture
Xilo Wall Sconce by De Majo
$427.82 | Lumens
PH 3/2 Table Lamp
Design Within Reach
Charlotte Table Lamp by Dimond
$238.00 | Lumens
Radionic Hi Tech Wall Mounted Lighting & Sconces Orly White LED Wall Pack
Home Depot
Crystorama 1543-CH-MWP Channing Mini Chandelier - 15W in. - Polished Chrome Mult
$318.60 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™