Help with KWC Ono faucet prob

kaismomSeptember 12, 2013

I have a KWC Ono faucet with a pullout spray hed. When it is in the spray mode and the water turned off and turned back on, it is supposed to go back to the stream mode.

It is not returning to the stream mode.

I have cleaned all the parts (the aerator, o ring, etc) and gotten the gunk out as much as I can. It seems to not quite have enough 'force' to pop it back to the stream mode. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I called the technical support people and they were not much help other than replacing the head for couple hundred bucks...

They also said that buying the product through an on-line company voids the warranty, FYI...

Here is a link that might be useful: ono faucet

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

That's poor customer service. I know from experience a mass producer like Moen or Delta would have just sent you a new head with no questions asked.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, so I hope I'm not being annoying. I suggest trying to put it out of your mind that this is a defect and live with it for a bit. I know people specifically look for faucets that stay in the last mode, there are threads about it and I'm one of those people.

But more to what you're looking for: You said you cleaned it, but I'm wondering if a soak in CLR might help. I've never found CLR to be the magical solution that the commercials make it out to be, but I figure it's worth a shot?

Good FYI about the warranty. I think that's an important thing to look into any time you're buying something expensive online.

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 8:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjhockeyfan325

I had that problem myself with a Grohe faucet but it didn't bother me enough to complain about it.

I think the comment about the warranty is totally bogus. Many online sellers are legitimate sellers and the warranties are totally applicable. Do you really think AJ Madison would stay in business if the appliance warranties were no good?

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 1:20PM
More Discussions
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
Is glazing stained cabinets going out of style?
It seems like glazing white or cream cabinets is already...
nerdyhousewife
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™