Some interesting small kitchens

sushipup1September 24, 2013

San Francisco Chronicle featured these in today's online edition. Small kitchens and some nice ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Small SF kitchens

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RoRo67

I found the blue kitchen to be stunning. I love the library ladder to get to the highest cabinets. I am 5'3" so even the top two shelves of a regular cabinet are used for things I rarely use. Even with that ladder being stored in the adjacent dining room when not in use, the railing looks like it belongs in that room. The difference in cabinet heights are also a great look. Love it! I wasn't quite sure about the second one, it seemed cluttered a bit for me. The last one was great. I love the dark cabinets; that backsplash matches perfectly and I am not one who likes a busy backsplash. Charming is all I can say. I think of the three, I could see myself living in the first one.
I had an 8 x 10 kitchen that also housed a water heater and a washer and dryer. Every bit of that room was functional. I got the cabinets for $60, restained them myself, the ex hung them in the way I wanted them. I had a blind corner, but since the kitchen opened into the living room, I put a door on the outside so it was available to the living room. Here is where I stored my Low Country Boil pots and 60 cup coffee maker and other items that were used rarely and didn't fit in a normal cabinet. Just because it is small, doesn't mean it can't be functional and gorgeous.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 2:58PM
sushipup1

And I think that inspiration is where you find it. I loved the blue kitchen too!

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 12:16AM
robo (z6a)

In love with the blue kitchen!!

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 7:18AM
jellytoast

I love the beer on tap!

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 11:13AM
GWlolo

Hmm.. I don't know.. I liked the glimpse of the old kitchen with the wood and stained glass cabinets. I felt that the library ladder would block access to countertop and cabinets at best be a serious trip hazard at worst.

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
help with kitchen layout
Thoughts on this kitchen layout? What do you think...
Leigh-Ann Draheim
Please help me find an eco-friendly black-and-white floor!?
After more years than I care to admit, we are finally...
dawdlinmama
Custom Cupboards
Has anyone used Custom Cupboards kitchen cabinets?...
tgmoran
rmkitchen or segrbrown are either of you still on this forum?
hello, I have been searching the site for folks who...
ponderosafarm
Alternate granite idea to replace Cambrian black I had been planning?
My DH is killing me. We are doing white cabinets and...
happyallison
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™