kitchen chairs

donaleenSeptember 27, 2012

I am looking for kitchen chairs. I found this one on line and I love it but 1) I can't imagine buying a chair without sitting in it 2) the shipping is quite high.

I would also accept vintage chairs that didn't match.

I am not much of a shopper. Anyone have any ideas where to look for kitchen chairs of this sort?

Here is a link that might be useful: galveston chair

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herbflavor

pottery barn,arhaus furniture, macys always has furniture online-with sales pricing...naked furniture,canadel.....go to someplace like Ethan allen or Crate Barrel,etc and sit in a few so you know the kind of depth and pitch to the back you desire...those measurements matter-the width-not so much if you're not getting arms. You're right-don't buy it without trying out something close.there are tons of dinettes-tables-chairs on ebay and craig's list if you live near any metropolitan area.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 12:58PM
Linelle

That is a beautiful chair!

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 1:07PM
momand3boys

I would try a store that sells Canadel or a brand like that. Thomasville sells custom kitchens like that too. We also have a kitchen furniture store in CT that sells this type of set where you pick your table, top, leg, chair style. They normally have a bunch of diff style chairs like this one which looks similar to mine which is a Canadel! I find it comfortable.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 1:13PM
donaleen

Thanks for your help... both the depth and pitch and the Canadel, which is available here, I've found now that you told me about it.

I guess I will have to go shopping now... Big furniture stores make me edgy, like car dealerships.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 2:45PM
donaleen

I found some new (old) chairs! I am going to replace the fabric part and their joints are a little loose so my DH is going to do some work on them too. I am very pleased with them.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 1:08PM
More Discussions
soapstone sinks
We are considering installing a soapstone farmhouse...
arch123
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
Dishwasher in white, black or panel??
My 17 year old dishwasher needs to be replaced. It...
shellking
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
I Found Yer Problem, Lady
You can't screw 1/4" plate steel through plywood...
Joseph Corlett, LLC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™