Kitchen Clock Ideas

berardmrSeptember 9, 2012

Looking for some ideas for a kitchen clock. I'm open to most anything as long as it has a "clean" look, no Old World stuff. Would appreciate any ideas! Size anywhere from 11" to 24". Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MuleHouse

Does your kitchen have a theme? My current kitchen is rooster themed, as I raise exotic chickens as a hobby. I have a very nice rooster clock.

Once we move into 'The Mule House', my kitchen won't have the rooster theme but all the rooster items are going into the dining room.

What price range do you have for a kitchen clock. I'm a WalMart shopper. An 'upgrade' for me is Target, so those are the places I'll start looking for my own new kitchen clock in the coming months. Hobby Lobby also has nice clocks. That's actually where I got my current rooster one.

Would you like to show a photo of your clockless kitchen?

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 12:16PM
palimpsest

If you want really clean, basic and classic, you could look at Howard Miller Gallery Wall, Accuwave II, Easton, Corporate, Office Mate, Aries, Murrow, Alton, Spokane.

You could also look at Howard Miller Classic 24 Hour at Design Within Reach, or Nomon Sunset, or Nomon OJ for very minimalist clocks, also at Design Within Reach.

For pure minimalism I just use the clock on the front of my range. Of course that's not visible long distance. :)

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 12:50PM
berardmr

Thanks for the pointers, mulehouse and pal, I will check them out!

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 2:15PM
francoise47

I love the Schoolhouse Electric Clocks. You might also try Bai clocks.
I love my super trendy Numero clock by Roost.

I love this DIY project to make your own clock:
http://camelotartcreations.blogspot.com/2011/04/clock-knock-off.html#.UEzfuo6ok20

Here is a link that might be useful: School House Electric

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 2:30PM
deeebert

Since my oven has a clock as well as my microwave and the intercom (it is a 26 year old house and they all had them then) the last thing I need is a clock. Do your appliances have clocks? After a power outage it is a small nuisance resetting them.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 2:50PM
ak0402

Like Deeebert, I think that my kitchen already has too many clocks. My previous kitchen, which had older appliances without electronics or clocks, needed a wall clock. But that wall clock is now sitting in my closet cause it is un-needed now (it was from LLBean, clean-lined and a little preppy, but LLBean doesn't carry it anymore).

You will be amazed at what is available at Target. Do a search there for "wall clocks". They have clean modern clocks, retro clocks, color, and, well, unusual, clocks - you name it.

Do you want a clock for the aesthetics, or will you actually use it to time things? The reason I am asking is that many modern-look clocks don't have a second hand, and don't have the 60 individual minute sections on the clock face. For practicality, the first one I linked above that is a clean modern clock has the second hand, shows all 60 minutes, and has the date as well.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 6:18PM
williamsem

If you have clocks on some appliances, what about something like a day of the week clock? I often take more time to figure out what day it is than what time due to the abundance of clocks on appliances.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 9:01PM
More Discussions
Corian Countertop -Show your pics!
Hi, I'm considering installing a corian countertop...
MercerM
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Help w/ Bosch convection microwave auto chef settings
I needed a new microwave. Didn't need this fancy thing,...
rebunky
Help me with my Appliance Allowance - $15k
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™