Finished Kitchen-better late than never

suzanne_slSeptember 19, 2012

onedogedie pointed out that I "forgot those magic words "Finished Kitchen" in your post title" yesterday. You're right! Here's a re-post for those who missed it.

Although I've posted all sorts of photos of things in my kitchen, I never got around to posting a "finished kitchen." Hence, better late than never. In my defense I will say that I kept waiting for the ceiling trim and the light rail trim to be added, but it turns out that my DH is opposed to both. We'll see.

On the Finished Kitchens blog, you get to choose the size of your kitchen. Mine came in 5 sf over the "tiny" category, moving it up to "small." It is small, but of all the kitchens I've used over the years, I'd rank it at the top end of usable and convenient. I think it's having an opening at both ends of the L that does the trick. It also helps that the dining room is right the other side of the peninsula which keeps the space from being claustrophobic. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: My finished kitchen at

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roseofblue

Beautiful cabinets, pendant lights, love the blue painted wall! What is the paint and color blue is the wall? Counters compliment the cabinets, what are the counters? Bet you really like your faucet! Nice tall pantry cabinet next to the table! Congratulations, now you can really enjoy your new kitchen! Wish we were finished, our kitchen is in the gutted stage - still trying to select a turquoise blue for the cabinets so they can be built!!

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 3:25PM
function_first

Very functional, and beautiful, too! I agree that having the dual openings is a great functional element. Your cabinets are beautiful as is, I don't blame your DH for not wanting to add anything more to them.

Love the stools, too. Very pretty!

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 4:29PM
likewhatyoudo

Beautiful cabinets. They look like mine. are they maple? Enjoy your new kitchen.

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 4:49PM
autumncolor5

Beautiful cabinets. I really like the island lights too. What great detail you gave for everything you used. Enjoy!

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 9:03PM
taggie

Totally lovely! The cabs are so gorgeous, love the rich depth of color and the granite sets them off perfectly. What are your counter stools? They look fantastic too.

Congrats on your beautiful new space!

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 9:11PM
CEFreeman

I almost missed this!
Very, very nice. I also love how delicate your stools are against the more tailored cabinets.

You've done a beautiful job!

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 4:49AM
debrak_2008

Your kitchen was one of my inspiration kitchens!

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 7:17AM
dilly_ny

Reaaly nice! Cabinets are so rich looking. Enjoy!

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 9:06AM
maggiebkit

Looks great! Lovely kitchen!!

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 1:50PM
lalithar

I love how you have super optimized the effiiency! Everything looks so convenienty placed! Love it!

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 2:10PM
More Discussions
Found a granite Pergaminho, is this the same as Delicatus or Alaskan ?
I've been searching for a durable island countertop...
happyallison
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
hardware length vs. drawer width..
All, We've figured out which pulls we want for our...
yoda888
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™