To everyone with large families.......

springrozSeptember 24, 2012

I have gained a new admiration for all the women with large families. I am sorry if I ever dismissed anyone with lots of family. I bow to you NOW, may I wash your feet?

I have itenerent barn builders here(friends from Texas). Three large, hard working , hungry men, plus DH and DS, and ,of course MIL. I have not really cleaned my house since last week, because about the time I get one meal cleaned up and the next load of laundry, it is time to start the next meal.

I had am in home day care years ago, and that never seemed hard, but I suppose I was 23 years younger...

What's for LUNCH??

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

Even with my two little ones and DH, I sometimes struggle to keep up. But...I think the difference between your recent situation and a family with lots of kids is that you can put those kids to work helping you with housework. Slave labor, and all that. ;)

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 12:23PM
springroz

Breezy, exactly! These guys are "guests" , so i can't assign chores! Plus, they are all single, so a home cooked meal is a rarity. One of them cooks, but the others(including DH) do NOT. At least they appreciate my cooking!

Nancy

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 1:41PM
lee676

what, you think single guys can afford to dine out every day? If not, its DIY home-cooked meals.

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 4:23AM
CEFreeman

Hun,
Single men are the easiest to put to work!!!
Even if it's stirring something, chopping, setting a table, or washing a pot. Particularly the one who does cook. Flattery will get you everywhere.

Give them a beer (or pop) for one hand, ask them questions where they can answer looking good, and go to work.

You're just not doing it right.

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 11:26AM
marti8a

I got the impression these single men were building while she was cooking and cleaning.

I hope your MIL is some help to you. I remember when we were building a house, and camping on the land at the time. I was 25 years younger then and it was just like you described. Get up at dawn to cook a big, hearty breakfast, and after getting those dishes washed, it was time to start cooking lunch, and then dinner.

We were too far out to go get even a pizza, and that just isn't filling food for men who are sweating out in the sun framing, roofing, and all that.

I feel for you, and trust me, it will end and be a pleasant memory one day - for both you and these guys.

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 12:49PM
More Discussions
Alternatives to Rohl Modern Architecture Faucet?
My husband and I both really like the Rohl Modern Architecture...
K L
I think my quartz sample is trying to drive me crazy
We had settled on PentalQuartz Carrara for the island...
lisa_a
Kitchen reveals and DAT threads with missing photos and text
I’ve been looking at Gardenweb threads that have...
mudhouse
Kitchen quote for RTA
I am shopping around for a redesigned kitchen. Below...
vonecu4
1880s house kitchen: need to work in the current space
Note this is cross-posted at suggestion of a reader Plans...
islandgarden
Sponsored Products
'Love' Tabletop Plaque
$8.49 | zulily
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Nourison Rugs Somerset Flame 5 ft. 6 in.
Home Depot
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Nourison Rug Boutique Rugs Scrollwork Blue 2 ft. 3
$87.97 | Home Depot
Somerset Khaki Rectangular: 5 Ft. 6 In. x 7 Ft. 5 In. Rug
$230.95 | Bellacor
Vintage 668N2 Blue and Grey Rectangular: 5 Ft. 3 In. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$699.00 | Bellacor
Washer Accent Table
Home Decorators Collection
Halloween Postcard Bucket
$16.99 | zulily
Worlds Away - Augusta Bench - AUGUSTA SL