Are there kitchen Pull-Down Faucets with lock-down buttons?

CMB777September 30, 2013

I want to buy a new pull-down faucet for my kitchen sink, with spray, stream, and pause functions. Is there any faucet that when the pause button is pushed, the stream will stay paused without my having to hold the button? And the same thing with the spray button? I want to be able to (1) wash things under the spray using both hands without having to hold down the spray button, and to (2) pause the stream between rinsing dishes so I can use both hands to wash more dishes without having to turn off the water at the faucet. Thank you for your advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrtulin

All the Delta pull downs.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 11:10AM
sjhockeyfan325

Do the Delta faucets have a "pause" button - I'd never heard of that, but it's a great idea.

CMB777, in our previous kitchen, we had two pull-downs --- a Brizo (which is Delta!) and a Hansgrohe --- the former spray/stream button locked, the latter did not.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 12:26PM
sjhockeyfan325

Do the Delta faucets have a "pause" button - I'd never heard of that, but it's a great idea.

CMB777, in our previous kitchen, we had two pull-downs --- a Brizo (which is Delta!) and a Hansgrohe --- the former spray/stream button locked, the latter did not.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 12:27PM
jellytoast

My Delta Trinsic does not have a "pause" button, but does toggle back and forth between stream and spray. You do not have to keep the switch held in to make the spray function work.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 12:48PM
illinigirl

can I ask what the advantage of a pause button is over just turning the faucet itself off?

thanks!

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 12:48PM
sjhockeyfan325

jellytoast, how do you like the Trinsic? - is the "flow" strong enough (at 1.8gpm, it's .4 gpm less than a similar Grohe model)?

illini, the advantage to "pause" would be that when the spray hose is pulled out, you can't just lay it down to turn off the faucet or it will spray all over the place. You'd have to retract the hose first. With a pause button, you wouldn't have to do that. Not a big deal, but I can see the plusses.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 12:54PM
jellytoast

I LOVE the Trinsic. Flow is plenty strong enough ... forceful, but not so stong that it causes water to splash all over the place when it hits the sink. I think it is a great faucet and reasonably priced. Finish is lovely and it looks more expensive than it is. I mounted the handle to the side, but it can be mounted to the front as well. Needs zero clearance to turn on and off if you have a close backsplash.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 6:37PM
sjhockeyfan325

Thanks jellytoast (sorry for the hijack)

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 11:07PM
makmo73

Many of the Moen pull downs have those features. I have the Brantford 7185 and it locks on spray and it also pauses.
Great faucet. Only bad thing is the spout reach is only 7 7/8" which does not work great with my sink.

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 9:41PM
More Discussions
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
My Kitchen Renovation Using Scherr's RTA Cabinets Begins
We start demolition on Monday. We have been actively...
homechef59
My new backsplash (nat cherry cabinets, dakota mahogany granite)
Hi everyone, it's been a long time since i've posted...
catamount90
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Kraftmaid vs RTA (barkers, Scherrs)
My venture to update my kitchen keeps taking a back...
bichonlover
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™