Please Help Me Redo My Kitchen :)

bird_lover6September 8, 2013

Right now, we are planning on doing the following:

New cooktop
Granite countertops
Backsplash
New Stainless Steel One Bowl Sink
New Faucet

I would like to pay no more than $1,000 for the sink and faucet. Anyone have suggestions for quality on a budget? :)

I am including a photo of my floor with a travertine sample for the backsplash. What do you think this would look like with a black granite counter top and white cabinets? I have only 23 linear feet of counter space; my kitchen is very small.

And I welcome any and all suggestions for a back splash to go with that floor and black counter top OR suggestions for a different granite and back splash to go with that floor. (My husband's not sold on the black, but I love it.)

Thanks very much.

bird

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosie

For quality for price, maybe start with Consumer Reports? They may not have the last word, but they do at least provide information and perspective.

Your backsplash pattern is really nice, but black might overpower it, make it look weak. Maybe a softer, dark gray counter, moving to off-black in the way the lighter field is off-white? Or, since you love the black, keep looking for a backsplash + black counter combo that your husband would really like.

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 11:22AM
joaniepoanie

I don't have personal experience with black granite, but plenty on here bemoan that it is hard to keep it looking nice because it shows streaks when wiped down....and I imagine every speck of dust and dirt as well.

I think black will be too harsh with this BS and white cabs.....I would keep the counter in the same color family as the floor and BS....I think you should go with a deeper version of tan/taupe/beige for the counter.

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 3:12PM
juliekcmo

Blanco sinks are very high quality. I had in my previous house and again in current house. I purchased my most recent on Amazon.

Got a Grohe faucet at Costco.

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 8:48PM
swfr

Bird Lover, I love that backsplash sample. Can you tell me what it is?

I would like to pair something like it with piatra gray caesarstone. http://www.caesarstone.ca/en/The-Catalog/Pages/Piatra%20Gray.aspx I know you said granite, but I'm in love with that color and now am on a hunt for the perfect backsplash.

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 10:12PM
More Discussions
Week 45: He'p me!
He'p me! I have no idea what to ask about this week,...
CEFreeman_GW
Finishing the edges of a backsplash
Hi all! Thanks in advance for any advice... We are...
wildflowermama
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Question on size of wall cabinets flanking cooktop
I'm planning 45" wall cabinets for my uppers....
seb225
Cabinet installation cost (not including cabinets themselves)
We are remodeling our kitchen (complete gut and changing...
schiari211
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™