cost of brookhaven cabinets

stephanie106September 16, 2012

i was wondering if anyone has some recent experience or views on the cost of brookhaven cabinets. i am in nortern va (dc burbs) and am remodeling a 13 by 11 kichen. it will be a galley kitchen. i am looking at brookhaven vista and just received a quote for $26k. this is for 2 upper 30" wide cabinets, 2 upper 15" cabinets, 2 45" long shelves below the uppers with glass and aluminum lift up doors, 4 lower cabinets with pull out shelves and drawers on top, panel for the dshwasher, cabinet below sink, lower cabinets on either side of the range that are 24" wide with 3 drawers, and a bookcase and lower cabinet. i have not done this before and don't know if it is too high.

any thoughts would be really and gratefully appreciated. thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lascatx

Your door style will have a big impact on the cost, as well as the wood, finish, upgrade options, customized sizes, etc. It's not like they come in a fixed price package for each size kitchen.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 11:47AM
lascatx

My kitchen is roughly 13x14. I had quotes in Brookhaven for less than yours and I had quotes for more -- all Brookhaven and from the same dealer.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 11:49AM
lorichats

Just like lascatx said, all the choices that you make will have an impact on the price of Brookhaven. I do have to tell you, we did a kitchen reno a year ago, and I am so happy with my Brookhaven. Actually we are now getting ready to do a master bath, and are using Brookhaven again.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 3:57PM
GreenDesigns

In some doorstyles, that would be expensive and in others, spot on. You need to give a better description of your choices for better input.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 4:06PM
jakuvall

I don't sell BH any more but last I knew Vista was a no upcharge door. Be surprised if that changed. Wood species matters some.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 8:20PM
secondhalf

I had a quote for Brookhaven Edgemont at 20,000 for 3x6 island, glass uppers on either side of sink, 4 other uppers, 20 " floor to ceiling pantry, four lower drawer stacks, double pull out trash amd rolling drawers in the pantry and one cab in the island that's not a drawer stack. I also had a 48" beverage center with drawers and glass uppers. It was a great deal on nice cabinets but I ultimately went with Grabill as they use only plywood construction - to get plywood on the Brookhaven I would have paid what you're being quouted and I thought that wasn't worth what they were giving me. My Grabill cabs arrived Friday - they are like beautiful furniture and I love them. I ultimately paid a bit less than the Brookhaven quote, as I cut out the beverage center in order to stay within budget.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 8:25PM
a2gemini

Don't remember the exact numbers - but we went with BH for our kitchen - The kitchen would have been around that price - but then we did the sunroom with custom cabinets and the price went up - plus we added a glaze and again the price went up.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 9:20PM
stephanie106

thanks everyone. the cabinets i am getting are vista plus door style in champagne. it is frameless. apparently it is made of fiberboard even the doors.

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
Dishwasher in white, black or panel??
My 17 year old dishwasher needs to be replaced. It...
shellking
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
Color difference Benjamin Moore Regal Select versus Regal Classic
We've been using Benjamin Moore Regal Classic semi...
donaleen
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™