Faucet and Blanco sink from Amazon vs plumber

zaphod42September 22, 2013

We had our plumber quote out a sink and faucet for the upcoming kitchen remodel. I then found the same items on Amazon for quite a bit cheaper. Are they the same or are there different levels of quality? Professional grade, etc? I've heard that about fixtures, but don't know if its true. Is it okay if I order independent of the plumber or will that irritate him? Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Part of a plumber's fee is contained within the markup of his materials. And most will not warrant third party supplied materials. If he installs a faucet and it leaks, he can swap it out and take it back to his supply house to send back to the manufacturer. If he installs your supplied faucet and it has a problem, then you pay him to come back out, and you deal with the hassle of either sending it off to the seller or contacting the manufacturer for replacement parts.

So sure, you can pay a lower price from an online supplier. But, it won't end up being cheaper, and you end up running the risk of it actually being MUCH higher in the end.

Bookmark   September 22, 2013 at 10:29AM
More Discussions
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Is it okay to rave about Executive cabinets?
We have been living in our new house for about 8 months....
david_cary
My Conestoga Cabinets have arrived, now the fun begins
My cabinets arrived this past Thursday and thought...
aries61
36" cabinet for 32" fridge: future proofing or too much compromise?
Hi everyone! Making final decisions for our cabinet...
kiwigem
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™