Frivolous Post

momo7September 24, 2012

Sorry - I have no questions and my kitchen is not nearly done but I am so excited I feel like I may explode.

We went to look at the new house. I was expecting paint (Barley, thank you 2littlefishies, if you read this), I was hoping for floors but the cabinets are there as well! Without doors or drawer fronts - I hope that's not too weird to install them later.

18 more sleeps - I cannot wait.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fouramblues

Nothing frivolous about that! The kitchen is looking terrific!! I'll be living vicariously through you and Fishies. LOVING the yellow!

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 10:17AM
justmakeit

The light in that room is gorgeous -- makes the kitchen so warm and inviting! I can't wait to see more!!

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 10:18AM
marti8a

I can't wait to see more too. I love the yellow you picked. Floors and cabinets! You are making great progress.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 10:44AM
breezygirl

Three things.

1. Not frivolous by any stretch.
2. Completely normal for doors and drawer fronts situation
3. What a great surprise to discover
4. It looks great!! Barley is a great color. I cannot wait to see a finished Momo7 kitchen!!

OK. That was four things. Its early. :)

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 10:47AM
momo7

Aww, thanks you guys. It's fun to share with someone.

For some reason it seems a blt dark in that picture. Well, it's not really a mystery - my camera has too many buttons that I don't understand. That doesn't stop me from pushing them.

This is the other side of the kitchen.

(thanks for the reassurance, breezygirl)

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 11:08AM
ILoveRed

Beautiful. I love your floors.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 11:16AM
claybabe

Ooooohhhhh! Let's have some tea! It is so inviting, can't wait to see more. Congratulations, and please share anytime!

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 12:25PM
sanjuangirl

Not frivolous in the least!

Love your floors and the color you picked. The white cabinets looks so pretty next to them. Is the Barley color Benjamin Moore?

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 2:12PM
Artichokey

It looks wonderful! What a cheery color for a kitchen! It looks like you get morning sun (since it sounds like you took these pictures this morning); I can just imagine how pleasant it will be to be in that space on a lazy weekend morning with the sun streaming in..

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 2:55PM
deedles

I agree with everyone's comments. The light in that kitchen is wonderful~ Love the windows and paint and floor. I'd be so excited, too!

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 3:17PM
hags00

I never seen cabinets hung without taking off the doors and sometimes the drawers. Lighter, easier to lift, doors aren't swinging around on you, no chance of dinging up the doors, cabinets are ganged (screwed) together through the frames in most cases so getting the doors and drawers out of the way makes them more accessible.

Very normal way to install cabinets, looks great!

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 8:50PM
Sowega

I totally know what you mean Momo7. Our vanities began installation a few days ago, and I was so excited. After discussing and reviewing the details of them for months on end I finally got to walk in and see them (with paint and knobs). No longer are they floating in the cobwebs of my mind or on a CAD drawing. They are REAL! And they look better than I thought they would. I let out a big exhale.

I am now counting the hours til the kitchen cabinets and island get installed. I keep bugging my GC on which day they are coming. These moments make all the tedious moments, arguments, delays, and waiting very much worth it.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 9:48PM
mtnrdredux_gw

We are all TKO, so we know how exciting each step is! No matter what you envision, there is always something that surprises, that's the fun part.

Looks great1

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 9:54PM
momo7

You guys are the best! I have read so many posts like this and now I'm on the receiving end - well, I just feel like I'm walking on air. I may burst into song.

The windows face east and south - I really wanted a kitchen that received a lot of natural light to compensate for all the dark, dimly lit kitchens I've had in the past.

Thank you for all the nice comments. I just agonized over the flooring decision, as well as others.

sowega - yes, that is it exactly. I can't believe it's real and I'm going to get to live there.

sanjuangirl - yep, Barley is a BM (ha ha) colour.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 10:47PM
badgergal

So far so good! Your kitchen is going to be fantastic. It is fun and exciting to see ones plans and ideas becoming a reality. Thank you for giving us a preview.

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 12:55AM
mmhmmgood

Lovely! That is one really pretty yellow. How exciting! Always fun to have MORE progress than you expected. Hope the next two and a half weeks go quickly for you. Looking forward to some more photos!

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 1:59AM
a2gemini

Momi7
We love seeing pictures of progress. It is just like an appetizer- getting us salivating for the next course!
Looking beautiful so far and love the east/south orientation(we have same orientation but not quite as many windows)
Keep those pictures posting!!!
Posted from iPhone. Usual cryptic and text errors)

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 6:26AM
More Discussions
help with kitchen layout
Thoughts on this kitchen layout? What do you think...
Leigh-Ann Draheim
Old fashioned pullout bread/cutting board for heavy pressure work
I’ve read the threads on this forum about pull out...
Gemcap
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Kitchen Layout help... Need opinions.
I am about to start building my house... Very excited...
adrituerk
Custom Cupboards
Has anyone used Custom Cupboards kitchen cabinets?...
tgmoran
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™