Lacanche Video: Reactions?

kitchendetectiveSeptember 15, 2013

I'm just wondering what other folks' responses/reactions are to this video.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chef prepares omelette on Lacanche range

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
palimpsest

How many takes were there?

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 10:18AM
taggie

The video is over 20 minutes long. Don't have that much time. What's the starting time of the section we should look at? I assume we don't have to watch the guy go shopping? Or perhaps that was the point of your post. :-)

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 11:51AM
foodonastump

Dreadfully long, and only really begins to talk about the features of the range at about 8:30. I was going to suffer through the rest of it, but it streams so poorly - couldn't watch it at all on my iPhone and virtually impossible to fast forward on my laptop, so I guess it's not going to happen. The omlette was a mess though probably tasty, the pork looked good, but I don't need a Lacanche to make either of those. I'm half interested (or maybe quarter interested) to see how the rest of the video plays out but I don't have the patience right now.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 12:43PM
mama goose_gw zn6OH

Start the video, leave the sound on, open another tab, and read some more GW threads. When you hear him say something about breaking eggs, return to the first tab. Watch video of omelet.

The last segment was most interesting because he spoke about simmer burners, and cleaning the burner pans.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 1:16PM
homeimprovementmom

I think the filming was interesting and professionally done. I like that it switched back and forth between the black and white and color. I liked the trip to the markets and saw how he prepared the meals. He has a good voice and he is pleasant on the eyes...however, I didn't learn much about the LaCanche. I didn't find it too long or boring because I am really interested in learning about this range. I just really wish there were more close ups or filming showing the ranges and more speaking about the LaCanche. I think it is an excellent idea to make a film to see how a range performs in real life. Not many of us can go to demonstration cooking classes.
May be scale back to one visit at a time and really speak about the range that is being cooked upon. You can have a few videos that show a different range each time.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 5:35PM
homeimprovementmom

I think the filming was interesting and professionally done. I like that it switched back and forth between the black and white and color. I liked the trip to the markets and saw how he prepared the meals. He has a good voice and he is pleasant on the eyes...however, I didn't learn much about the LaCanche. I didn't find it too long or boring because I am really interested in learning about this range. I just really wish there were more close ups or filming showing the ranges and more speaking about the LaCanche. I think it is an excellent idea to make a film to see how a range performs in real life. Not many of us can go to demonstration cooking classes.
May be scale back to one visit at a time and really speak about the range that is being cooked upon. You can have a few videos that show a different range each time.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 5:36PM
allison0704

I'm moving to Seattle just for the markets.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 7:08PM
kitchendetective

That's what I thought. The vid didn't make me want to buy the Lacanche, but it did make me want to move to Seattle.

Bookmark   September 16, 2013 at 8:58AM
palimpsest

That's kind of what I meant about the takes. There were jumps and cutaways when he was cooking the omelette, so the actually use of the stove was not done in real time. I think if you are going to demonstrate a range that's what you should do. But I think for a lot of people, you are buying a "lifestyle" when you buy a range like this, so the "idea" of the range and it's connotations of how the owner will "live" is more important than the range itself.

Bookmark   September 16, 2013 at 9:22AM
More Discussions
Carrara tile backsplash with carrara countertop
I found a few images in the photos section of houzz,...
crl_
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Kitchen layout help, please
Please forgive me, I am not sure if this post should...
kymberie
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™