Urgent: 2-3 hours to decide on faucet placement

KevinMPSeptember 20, 2013

The question is middle/centered or left corner. My granite installers will be here in 2 hours, and I cannot decide. It's a big commitment with no turning back!

I'm leaning towards the left corner with the level positioned on the left side of the faucet because I found myself always moving the original faucet out of the way. I have a square-ish, single-bowl sink that is deep, and the faucet just seemed to bother me where it was. Plus, with it out of the way, I will have more room behind the sink (e.g., storage of cutting board and for cleaning) and I will be able to fill up pots on the stove and the coffee maker. The new faucet is the Kohler Cruette.

Here's the current state (the sink will be where the old sink was, which is where the cutting boards are placed), and a before so you can see what I didn't like before. (I also hated all of the gadgets (four holes is three too many especially for those crummy dispensers).)

Help please.

Current state (still needs caulking, painting, granite, etc.):

Before (same sink, old faucet and position):

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sreedesq

The one thing I would suggest is to get your faucet out and "use it" in both positions. I suspect it has the potential to be awkward to operate if placed on the left. Also, consider your spout reach in relation to where your sink drain will be.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 9:44AM
Circus Peanut

So this is the new faucet, correct:

If you're right-handed, I approve of the idea of putting it on the left with the lever on the left. I had a similar faucet with lever on the left-hand side of the sink, and loved the position of the water spout but not the lever, which we put to the right of the faucet. I'd always wind up crossing under the water to turn it off with my left hand.

So to be short, I like your plan. But do make sure this is possible with this model, and by putting the handle to the left you won't be having to push it back rather than forward to turn it on, etc!

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 10:05AM
sena01

Have it on the left, if you disliked the middle position so much.But I don't know if that would create any problems with the installation of the faucet or cause water to splash.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 10:45AM
KevinMP

This lever can be installed on either the left or right side of the faucet, although I suspect that'll make the temperature positions reversed depending on which side you're using.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 11:16AM
steph2000

Well, this is a whole new dilemma I've never thought of. Yippee... more decisions.... ;)

It seems like you really know what you want, though, Kevin. And it looks like it will work great for your kitchen.

I'm ogling your fridge, though. Mind telling me what it is and if you love it? Do you have enough fridge/freezer space?

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
KitchenCraft - will they last a lifetime?
Fell in love with a specific painted door when cruising...
lookintomyeyes83
Kitchen colors....need something happy and vintage :)
I want to try to go a bit vintage with my low-dollar...
lavender_lass
Need blackish paint suggestions
We have assembled most of our Barker cabs. The wall...
aktillery9
1880s house kitchen: need to work in the current space
Note this is cross-posted at suggestion of a reader Plans...
islandgarden
Cherry and White Granite Kitchen Reveal - Lots of Photos!
First of all- this is a thank you post to the Gardenweb...
jenibufford
Sponsored Products
Neptune | Fen Floor-Standing Tub Faucet with Hand Held Shower Head
$1,878.75 | YBath
Ella Jayne Gusseted Microfiber Down-Like Pillow - Set of Four
$49.99 | zulily
Elk Lighting Mayfield 17144/3-LED 3 Light Pendant in Brushed Nickel
Beyond Stores
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Nourison Rugs Bits and Pieces Blossom 5 ft. 3
$55.90 | Home Depot
Executive Zero-Radius Stainless Steel Trough Sink
Signature Hardware
Hinkley Lighting Flood Lights. Low Voltage LED Bronze 75W Equivalent Cast Alumin
Home Depot
4-Light Wall / Bath Blacksmith
PLFixtures
Bobo Matte Chrome One-Light LED Wall Sconce with Blue Bubble Glass
$285.75 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™