Ever color-matched BM White Dove with Sherwin Williams paint?

Lake_GirlSeptember 21, 2012

Has anyone ever color-matched BM White Dove with Sherwin Williams paint? Was it a match? I need to paint some trim, and thought I might start changing over to White Dove semi-gloss, instead of bright white high-gloss. Just wondered since SW is having 40% off this weekend. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pinkpaula

SW Dover White 6385 looks VERY close to BM White Dove, if you can't get a color match.

I used the SW Pro-Classic semi-gloss in Dover White to repaint my kitchen cabinets. They look great!

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 9:58AM
Lake_Girl

Thanks for your comment. I was thinking Dover White was more creamy, is it not?

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 4:59PM
Craft_the_day_away

SW's Dover White, while beautiful, is quite a bit creamier than BM White Dove. It has more of a yellow base. Both delicious, not quite the same!
(came across this because I was looking for the exact same thing! :P)

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 5:58PM
shanghaimom

My BM Bone White color came out very well in SW Pro Classic Enamel. We used that in our kitchen (the painter's preference) and I know it is a good match because everything else in the house is the actual BM Bone White. Just about to do what you are asking about for our MB cabs--BM White Dove, but using SW. I am not worried, at all.

Since White Dove is such a popular color, I'll bet SW mixes it frequently. Maybe they already have a formula in the mixing computer so they don't have to "read" it. I would make sure to have a bit more than you need mixed up, then combine cans, just to be sure....

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 7:55PM
Lake_Girl

Thanks guys. I actually bought a quart of BM White Dove to paint a built in bookshelf, and to see if I liked it, and how different it was from what was already there. I've yet to start on the rest of the trim work. The trim is pretty much the same white as 15 yrs ago, a bright high gloss white. It's starting to look like it could us a fresh coat!

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 10:50PM
More Discussions
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Relative cabinetry prices: brand vs. brand
We're going to redo our kitchen but aren't quite ready...
stretchad
Induction cooktop > no slow cooker?
Can the low settings, timer and a good pot replace...
anniel58
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™