Light colored granite

Nananay84September 24, 2013

I am looking for a particular style of granite, and have been unable to find anything I like. Does anyone have suggestions for a light colored granite that is in the "warm" range, with very little veining? At two stone yards, the only light slabs they had were greyish. I prefer the "mottled" look as opposed to swirls and streaks. Would love to hear your recommendations! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chitownkat

I just went on this search last Friday and I am going to end up getting quartz and Corian. I could not find a beigey granite that was not too busy or dark or gray for me. Just my 2 cents!

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 9:30AM
oldryder

Juparana St. Cecelia & Venetian Gold might meet your needs and both are relatively inexpensive. ALso Venetian Ice and Giallo Ornamental. SOme of these can be very lightly colored.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 10:13AM
Nananay84

Thanks, oldryder, for the suggestions! Will look into those. And chitownkat, what quartz did you choose? I have "absolutely" decided on several different quartz options, and keep changing my mind. Decided to look at granite one more time. Just curious about where you are headed with your choices! Thanks to both of you!

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 12:21PM
Sarina

I too had to find a one with less grey because of my floor. I just found two weeks ago the Giallo Ornamental light . I looked and looked and looked so I know what you mean.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 12:33PM
chitownkat

We have not decided on counters yet, and I likely will not decide until I absolutely have to!

For quartz I am considering Silestone "Tigris Sand" and Zodiac "crema marfil" There are a ton of lighter Corian colors also. We are doing an island so I may do one of those lighter beige colors on the perimeter and a darker quartz on the island.

My trip to the granite place confirmed my feelings that granite is just not for me, design wise. I like its properties as a material for countertops but just not have warmed to it visually, if that makes any sense.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 2:29PM
RoRo67

Each slab is different, but Colonial Creme and Colonial Gold are relatively light granites with minimal veining.
Giallo Napoli, if you can get the creamier one is another.
Perlato-Europa is a gold granite, very light though, not much gray.
Cristalo is another one.
There are lots out there, but you will have to pick out your slab. It might mean going to several suppliers before you find the one you want, but in the end, it will be well worth the trouble.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 3:44PM
Nananay84

Sarina...giallo ornamental is one of my favorites! And RoRo...thanks for the additional suggestions! Can't wait to look at these, too!

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 11:30AM
More Discussions
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
Under Cabinet Lights, Kelvin Question
For our kitchen remodel we’ve already installed Cree...
athomesewing
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
am I being too picky?
Ok, is my perfectionism is out of control..... I bought...
bicyclegirl1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™