Guidance on handle/pull placement - pls

mirucaSeptember 9, 2013

Wondering if there are guidleines on vertical pull placement - specifically, looking at two below options; also on corner swing out doors. We have shaker style cabinets, as do these two examples

First question - guidance on veritical pull placement
Example #1 - mounting hole is 3" from bottom of inside cabinet, the pull bottom edge is about 1 1/2 from bottom of cabinet front.

Example #2 - this is Happs - it appears the pull bottom edge is aligned with the inner edge of the front cabinet frame.

Second Question - this is breezygirl's horizontal pull on a corner cabinet - are vertical pulls also used on these cabinets?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
a2gemini

I did number 2.
Love what breezy did as well.

On the lowers-check out Badgergal's pull placement on the drawers.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 6:11AM
miruca

I love what Brexzy did too - and was certain we would do the same until I held out pull up to our cabinets. I was quite surprised, and somewhat disapppinted, that ours looked better vertical!

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 11:49AM
breezygirl

Good morning!

I like your option #2 for your vertical uppers.

As for my cabs, all my pulls are horizontal. And, except for knobs on my dish hutch, I only used pulls.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 12:42PM
illinigirl

hi breezy,
quick question:
how wide are your drawers on each side of the range in your photo above? I'm asking about the 3 lowest, widest drawers. I like you have have split the top row into two narrower drawers They look like 6/6/6/12 height wise? How are you liking that configuration.
sorry, that was more than one question!

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 2:38PM
rkb21

We did vertical pulls on the cabinets and horizontal on the drawers. Our corner pull is placed vertically as well.

I'm at work and don't have a picture, but our pulls did not look good horizontally. I wish they had...I really liked breezy's horizontal placement .

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 3:33PM
miruca

Seems like #2 is getting the response - I like the symmetry of it but it also seems just that much higher for a shortie. # 2 is also the shorter of the pulls (about 6" vs 8").

Breezy ... I covet the placement of your pulls! All horizontal just didn't look the best on these - similar to rkb21's comment. In our case, it is likely because the pulls have a slight curve to them.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?
Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble...
Nan57
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
General Contractor bid excessive?
I'm doing a forced remodel due to a flood and handling...
beachem
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™