Remodel--granite & sink suggestions needed

lainer105September 13, 2012

We recently purchased a second home in Florida with some renovations that need to be done in the kitchen. It is a large kitchen which also includes a butler's pantry. Sorry I can't provide you with better pics, but these were taken rather quickly during the home inspection.

The cabinets are glossy white. I am not thrilled with them, but since they are only a year old they will remain. Cabinets in the butler's pantry have glass doors, the remaining area doors are all solid. Current countertops are ceramic tile, they are going. Floors are also your basic off white ceramic tile,they will remain. All new SS appliances will be installed as well as a new backsplash since one doesn't exist.

I am looking for granite suggestions as well as thoughts on sink brands. I currently have a Franke Orca sink and love it due to its size, but it was quite costly. I am looking for a sink of that size again. Many postings mention a brand called Ticor, but I am not familiar with it.

Having these forums are so helpful...I would truly appreciate all suggestions given.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lainer105

Additional pic

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 2:28AM
phiwwy

This kitchen has serious potential! With SS appliances, and white cabs, just go find your slab (bring a door with you) then change out the knobs. Super white quartzite could be gorgeous, and you can either try polished nickel knobs or satin nickel, pewter, etc Or you could go for a more rustic look with oil rubbed bronze hardware and a granite with some brown tones. But for Florida, I'm liking a light, airy feel to the granite. Even on the butler's pantry you could buy a set of different but coordinating knobs, and even paint that set of cabinets a pale blue, green or gray.

Have fun with it!

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 8:45AM
Sowega

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought when I saw the pics. Change the knobs out, throw down some new granite/marble countertops and pop in the new appliances. Bam, you have a magazine-quality kitchen with minimal impact.

Love the butler pantry too....some crystal knobs could jazz that area up, and you can always do that counter a different color or material as well...Good luck!

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 3:33PM
More Discussions
Kitchen/House Reveal - DIY with Scherr's RTA. Better late then never
I have been meaning to post here for years but I really...
toddimt
need help laying out a 9 x 13 open concept kitchen in a bungalow.
We recently purchased a 950 sq ft 2 bedroom cottage/bungalow....
taj0418
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Advice Please, granite overhang
We've been planning on 1.5” granite overhangs --...
athomesewing
Liebherr cs2062 door badly scratched
Hi everyone, I am considering the purchase of a "scratch...
Chris Treadwell
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™