Ticor sinks from Galaxy Tool Supply

lindy1096September 26, 2012

I looked at their site tonight for the first time and every sink I clicked on is backordered! Is that normal for this place?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angela12345

No, that is not normal. They do have backorders sometimes, but this is excessive based on my experience with them. I bet they are waiting one a big shipment. Try sorting the sinks by availability. Which sink are you interested in ?

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 6:45AM
yoful

This happened to me in August! I called and they gave me a time frame (2 weeks) and I was able to get it then. I checked other places on line that had them and they were back ordered too. I will say they are awesome sinks and I can't wait until they are installed. Galaxy got it here really quick!

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 7:41AM
MIssyV

I ordered our Ticor through Galaxy as well, and am happy with the quality of the sink and my experience with Galaxy. If you can wait, then its worth it.

Not sure I would do ss sink over again if I had a choice, but not because its a poor quality sink, its great quality, just miss my old sink :/

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 7:49AM
jscout

This is what I experienced 1 1/2 years ago while I was gearing up for my reno. When I was fishing around, stuff was available, so I didn't bother buying. When I finally committed to a design and lined up a contractor to start almost three months out, I went to make my purchases. The sink I wanted became backordered. For two months everything I was interested in was backordered. It forced me to look at alternatives. MRDirect was one alternative that seemed comparable. They seem to have some good feedback here on GW, so you might want to check them.

I ended up with a Kraus, which I'm very happy with. You should take a look at them too. There was a recent thread about SS gauge that contained useful information about sinks that are UPC/IAPMO certified. While Ticor and MRDirect are not listed, I was glad to see that Kraus is.

Here is a link that might be useful: what gauge stainless steel sink?

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 11:24AM
marti8a

I recently bought a Ticor sink from them and the grid was back ordered. I still don't have it.

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 12:27PM
lindy1096

So I just called them and the sinks I was looking at will be available Friday so I should get it next week. We bought one sink so far from Costco - Elkay SS undermount but I don't love it. I am looking at the Ticor 1210 (I think). Anyone have it? Like it?

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 5:24PM
kimiko232

I bought at the beginning of may and no problems. But, this may be the kicker, we ordered through them on ebay. I can't remember what their name is exactly. You'll have to search. It something like galaxytoolsupplyinc. It wasn't just galaxytoolsupply. That would be too easy. I also got 25 bux off by doing so. See if they have any on there. They have to have the product if they are selling it on ebay.
:)
Kim

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 6:59PM
michoumonster

you can also buy ticor at overstock.com if galaxy is backordered. i don't know if they have the particular model you want, but they do have a lot of ticor sinks. I got my ticor apron front there. the only downside is overstock did not sell the accessories that I wanted, but then I decided i could live without it.. HTH!

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 1:32AM
lgiorgi

I bought my sink there about 8 years ago. I thought I loved it. My daughter got a ss sink and it seems to be shinier. Anyone notice that?

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 7:41AM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Polished chrome and polished nickel fixtures in same kitchen?
This is what I get for not figuring everything out...
windycitylindy
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
annaw_123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™