Our first Sherr's cabinet assembled
DH and I have assembled most of the Ikea cabinets for our soon-to-be kitchen, but needed three custom ones in depths that Ikea didn't support. We ordered them from Sherr's and the box arrived last week. We spent today putting them together and are happy with how they look so far.
The cabinet boxes we ordered are MDF with walnut edge bands, drawers are solid maple with dovetail joints, slides are Blum Tandembox with Blumotion soft close (slightly nicer than the Ikea Blum slides), and the drawer fronts are grain-matched walnut veneer. The smaller 4-drawer cabinet is going in the hall niche outside the kitchen and its drawer fronts have a vertical grain. The other two cabinets are going to be our island and have a horizontal grain to match the rest of the custom walnut drawer fronts in the kitchen.
Here are a couple of pictures of the process.
They came well-wrapped in cardboard on a pallet. We'd started taking the cardboard off at this point:
Laying out the first cabinet:
Screwing in the drawer slides first, a trick we learned when assembling the Ikea drawers:
The first cabinet mostly finished, some minor adjustments needed. We're using finger pulls from Mockett (to be added).
The other two will make up the island. We didn't install the drawers yet as there's dust and chaos everywhere and we don't want to risk them getting dirty or damaged.
A wider view of our living room, with range on the right and Ikea cabinet doors for the upper cabinets (Abstrakt high gloss white) still in boxes.
The kitchen was just insulated yesterday, sheetrock to go in next week. The niche where the first cabinet will be is visible in the hallway on the right of the picture.
We're not living in the house, thank goodness!