Pics of uba tuba granite with white cabinets please!

chloe.chloeSeptember 12, 2013

I'm having a bit of concern over the uba tuba granite we chose for our new construction. I'm worried it will be too green and look horrible with the white subway tile backsplash. We were trying to stick to our budget and that is the only reason we chose it....I really wanted the black pearl but our builder had it listed as a level 3, which was substantially more money than we wanted to spend. I was hoping some of you have pics of uba tuba granite with your white cabinets... Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sonnie

In a former kitchen, I used honed Absolute Black (similar in price to Uba Tuba) and it looked great, not unlike soapstone. I considered honed Uba Tuba for my last renovation; very beautiful. Neither one looked green at all, and white subway tiles looked good with them. This time I ended up going with Azul Platino for a lighter look on the perimeter cabinets (also lower price end) and White Veneto Marble on the island. Sorry, no pictures of my former kitchen.

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 6:41AM
beverlyfla

Of course everything depends on which slab you select. I happen to think the deep green color of the Uba Tuba provides a depth that simple black granite doesn't have. White subway tile will work with either the Uba Tuba or the Absolut Black.

Having said that, my sister selected the polished Uba Tuba and never stopped complaining about having to clean finger prints and smears on the surface until she sold the home.

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 7:41AM
robinle

I would go look at the slab of Uba Tuba you would be getting. Some of the Uba Tuba slabs have more gold in them and some have the green. We were given counters of Uba Tuba but needed more. I went to many stone yards with a piece to match to and saw anywhere from a small amount of gold to a lot of green.

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 8:30AM
RoRo67

Wow! Where do you guys live that Black Pearl is a Level 3? It is a level 1, same as Uba Tuba. Absolute Black is a Level 2 or 3 depending on the shipment. That's here in Atlanta.
Anyhow, go to the stone yard and pick out your slab. Some Uba Tubas are very green, but mostly they appear black. Against white cabinets and white backsplash, the green will be more visible, but it looks great with white. Bring your door, backsplash, and if you have it a piece of your floor. Put they all up against your slab and you will get a pretty clear picture of how they will look. Those photos are great!

Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 12:06PM
More Discussions
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Removing a load-bearing wall... $10,000!
Omigod. We just got a quote for removing the load-bearing...
ideagirl2
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Induction cooktop > no slow cooker?
Can the low settings, timer and a good pot replace...
anniel58
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™