help choosing a kitchen faucet -need suggestions & reviews!

EmilyOmanahanSeptember 10, 2012

I need help choosing a kitchen faucet. We live in a 1920's house, and I really want to stick to an aesthetic from that period, while enjoying modern conveniences.

I would choose a bridge faucet with side spray and lever handles if I had my druthers, but my husband is stuck on the single lever pulldown spray faucets. So I'm looking for a compromise...

Any suggestions?

So far these are the faucets I like the most- please review if you have them. Also, we want a faucet where you push a button and the spray stays without the button being held down- do these faucets have that feature?

Elkay Explore Bridge Pulldown Faucet

Elkay Explore Single Handle Pulldown Faucet

Moen Lindley Single Handle Pulldown Faucet

Pfister Ashfield Pullout Spray Bridge Faucet

Jaclo Steamvalve Deck Mount Bridge Faucet

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sayde

Hi Emily,
We had a similar decision to make (1920's house, vintage looking kitchen). I went the other way -- Perrin & Rowe bridge faucet and side spray. I knew it was a big give up because I formerly had a pull down faucet. But am used to the side spray now and love the faucet. I do not think of myself as the kind of person who chooses aesthetics over function but in this case I did. And happily. Consider carefully.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 10:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

For a year I've had a Moen single handle pulldown with Reflex technology. Reflex was new in 2011, so maybe all the Moen pulldowns have it by now. I love my faucet. I love the convenience of the single handle and incorporated spray head, and I especially love how easy it is to clean around only one hole in the counter. It does have a spray-hold button. It reseats itself very well - that's what the Reflex is for. Moen has a good reputation for honoring its warranty and providing parts, although I have not needed to use this service.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 12:16PM
More Discussions
Lumber Liquidators Exposé on 60 Minutes
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes Exposé on Lumber Liquidators...
The Kitchen Place
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
A different way to deal with the blind corner issue
I think this would require a very specific place to...
raenjapan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™